how to make a video for youre music

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Gps wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:03 am
This is were I am stuck at right now.
I have the camera stay inside the corridor, but the camera keeps looking straight ahead, in stead of looking into the corner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMXg4ssXzWc
If i was coding a camera movement, i would have trickers where the camera should change. That could be an actual change of default camera, but alternatively it could shift the a second camera with the correct 3D orientation
Funny that you mention trickers.
That exactly how it worked in that program with which you can make maps for the game Aliens vs Predator 2.

In a map I made there were two rows of those trickers, one was the path for the tank, the other one the path for the camera.

Blender how ever does not have these triggers in the scene.

There is a timeline of frames below the scene, were you can insert what they call keyframes.

That's were the frustration kicks in, there is not a good manual explaining that stuff.

People tell you to hit the [ I ] key ( insert) which most of the time does not work.
Nobody told me you have to have the thing you want to add a keyframe for selected....

Found that out two days ago, by watching yet another tutorial.

Then they told me to use a follow path constrain, and select follow curve to have the camera do what I want.
This is not working in my project, the camera keeps looking straight ahead.

I suspect the fact that I have two animations is causing this. One animation is the red lights reacting to the music, the other one is the camera moving. All tutorials on this only have one animation.

I will have to try three options. One is to insert extra key frames that make the camera rotate.
Another other one is to add an empty object, and the third option is to build a rig.

When I asked why its is not working for me, one person replied that he got it working by adding an empty object and another one pointed to a rig tutorial.

How hard are we allowed to complain about a program that is free? The manual how ever lacks allot of info.

Never give up never surrender, but I am now about two weeks already only fighting the camera movement. :(

If only I had just used a straight corridor, I would have finished 4 weeks ago. :P
Gps wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:04 am
So no trickers.. :/
I suspect the fact that I have two animations is causing this.

That would surprise me. A scene can have .. well 100'th of animations, i really dont think that influence the camera
I will have to try three options. One is to insert extra key frames that make the camera rotate.
Almost sure that is the correct way, but if an invisible object can navigate the corridor, then attaching the camero to that object, could also be a 'solution', but cluncky..
If only I had just used a straight corridor, I would have finished 4 weeks ago. :P
Yee.. but then another part of you would have been dispointed
Asked about my problem on a different spot.

The reply I got was that I was doing it wrong.
(not gonna argue this person, even though it was others who told me to do it like I was attempting)

Gonna try it his way.

Which means first figuring out what he did exactly, but he gave me a file, so I have all the time to study it.

Why I am wondering if that second animation is causing the issue, because allot of what I try, what others tell me to do, totally gets ignored by blender. And all there examples have only one animation.

There might something I just need to update, but what nobody is telling me about. :P

If his way fails too, I will try it the keyframe way. I think I figured out how to do that.
Insert a keyfarme of the type locrot. (location and rotation)

My biggest frustration is how Blender works. It most of the time seems to work totaly not intuitive.
Not like the map making program, not like 3D studio max, not like the 3D cad programs.

It was way worst though before, they totally changed the gui, and that is already a big improvement.

One example:
I was told to do a few things, then move the object. So I clicked the move symbol.
Nothing happened until I found out I had to hit the G key to move the object.
Other times the move symbol does exactly what you expect it to do.
Sadist devs ? ;)

Your replies make me wonder though did you ever work with 3D studio or Maya or something like that ?
You know exactly what I am talking about were most people don't.
I use Maya alot. I learned how to use it in animation school many years ago. It's a great software, but totally overrated and overhyped, by the media and gaming media. But it's a good program. Then I started learning blender. That free 3d modelling software is very good. Ton and his team, did a great job with that software.

But yeah I agree. The older versions of blender had alot of bugs. They used to crash alot back then, but I'm glad that problem is way less now. And the game engine is really nice. They should continue working on the game engine. That thing had alot of potential. But unfortunately, they stopped working on it. :P
The game engine gone part, is a shame indeed.

Funny to read Maya is over hyped, I never used it.

I might have to send you my file then though, maby you can help.

Can't believe how many hours I lost on trying to have the camera to move through the corridor.
The biggest problem being the lack of documentation.

Then there seems to be 4 ways of doing it.

I am getting optimistic though. Yesterday had a plane do exactly what I want the camera to do. (follow the curve and look around the corners)
Although the camera has a parent relation with the plane, it still was moving in a straight line.

Thinking about it , got me wondering though did I key frame the camera or the plane?
I probably should have key framed the plane, because that has a curve modifier.
If that is the case , I might have finally got it to work as I want it.
Gps wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:37 am
The game engine gone part, is a shame indeed.
It is not. Its alive and well, but has a new name: upBGE
https://upbge.org/

...But..........
No more blender talk :)
Blender is not naturally related to lmms, and we do try to keep this forum centred around LMMS
So game dev maya and blender belongs in PM :P
Not everyone has the option, but I use AfterEffects, since I already own the entire AdobeCC.
Latest video with spectrum analyzer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6f2q_I1-u8

I'll definately check out blender as an option though, looks interesting.
Looks great :)

I just released my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZiGGszePE

Might do something more simple next time, this took over 3hours of rendering.
Gps wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:09 pm
this took over 3hours of rendering.
Oooof.... :!
Then my smartass (topic) ideas will properly not se daylight.....
3 HOURS..
But you could screencapture from blender? or... ?
VLC player can make 4K video recording
Audio is (as always) compressed by yT to mp3 140 ..afair