Favorite Artists and Heroes

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I think it’s always really interesting the range of artists people like. So I’m going to pose some questions just to generate some fun conversation.

Who are your favorite three artists?

Who are do you look up to musically?

I got asked this a while back, and the interesting thing is, while there is a bit of overlap for me, my answers are different.

Favorite artist-wise, my top three are:
1. Seven Lions
2. The Glitch Mob
3. Grabbitz

Musical “hero” wise, is different.
1. Boreta (of The Glitch Mob)
2. Jason Ross
3. Swarm

For all three of those heroes of mine, I have been able to interact with them either in person or in some other capacity. All three exude an infectious positivity and when they say “you can do X” or “Y is something anyone can do”, you believe them.

So who are your favorites vs. heroes?
woods alive wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:14 pm
I think it’s always really interesting the range of artists people like. So I’m going to pose some questions just to generate some fun conversation.

I got asked this a while back, and the interesting thing is, while there is a bit of overlap for me, my answers are different.

1. Seven Lions
2. The Glitch Mob
3. Grabbitz

2. Jason Ross
3. Swarm

For all three of those heroes of mine, I have been able to interact with them either in person or in some other capacity. All three exude an infectious positivity and when they say “you can do X” or “Y is something anyone can do”, you believe them.

Difficult..
Hero
Pink Floyd
Bowie
Jarre / Beatles / Kraftwerk (i'm cheating :p

Its fun, because first two names was just obvious. Two most innovating influences on misic, but hey where would they have been without Beatles?!
Bowie has said that it was Beatles that influenced him the most (Revolver)
How then place Bowie over Beatles?!
And Jarre before Kraftwerk, because no electronica/ Techno/ EDM without Kraftwerk -Right?
...And then it gets serious complicated
Bach
Mozzy
Wagner ..ya the dude with the Ring...
How could they not be there....... They inspired Beatles....... Where should the 'chain' begin :P

Favourite artist-wise
( Oooof........ Really difficult

Favourite genre
Cheated again... Electronica :p
Tiesto, Alex MORPH, a lot of old school djs, Sting, Pink Floyd, Queen etc.
woods alive wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:14 pm

1. Seven Lions
2. The Glitch Mob
3. Grabbitz

2. Jason Ross
3. Swarm

1. Deadmau5
2. 猫 シ Corp
3. Nine Inch Nails
4. Windows 99
5. Justice
Musical “hero” wise,
1.Windows 99
2.Justice
3.Deadmau5