make instrument only make a sound after key is released?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Or at least quieter while the key is pressed and then much louder after you let it go. I did this on accident once and it helped to play particular parts of a sample without having to make a clone with a different start point. Unfortunately I lost the project I did it on so I can't see what effect chain or envelope I put
Hi,
First of all, I don't get why you need this, but okay.

What you do is you put max release or reverb with lots of decay on your instrument, when the key is pressed, automate the volume of the instrument to be 0, when the key is not pressed, automate the volume to be more than 0.

Hope I helped.
First off, Welcome to the Forum nicck.710!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
nicck.710 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:30 pm
make instrument only make a sound after key is released -I lost the project I did it on so I can't see what effect chain or envelope I put
Yes it is a envelope
But its a Filter-envelope!

You cant make that happen with all instruments. You need an instrument with a Filter-envelope, so most of our default instruments are not able to
ZynAddSubFX is.
You need to set a filter and then set all controllers to 0, and then set the controller for Filter-sustain to max or near max, depending on how much effect you want from the release

Here is a setup from a very distinct one in Synth1
There is next to no sound on key-down and a huge dang at release