Is it possible to make music and sell it with LMMS for free?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi! i am looking forward to make music and sell using LMMS. I want to sell music and upload it on youtube music. Is it Legal to Upload a song I made from LMMS?
Devansh430 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:37 am
Hi! i am looking forward to make music and sell using LMMS. I want to sell music and upload it on youtube music. Is it Legal to Upload a song I made from LMMS?
I emphasised the important part.
Yes!
If you do not find and use copyrighted content on your own, then ALL derivative work made by YOU, belongs entirely to YOU, and you can use that as YOU want.

Obs!
The samples are offered under is GPL2. GPL2 is a source license.
You can do whatever you want with derivative works, just don't relicense anything from lmms samples library as your own!

Any and All relicensing is illegal!

Note, bundled project files aren't C00 cleared either. If you have a question about a particular track, let a developer know and we'll do our best to get you in contact with the original artist.

Iow: YOU have to be both Composer and Producer of your commercial songs

Good luck in the hard business :)

Let us know if you have any success
Thanks for your answer! I am very grateful about the excistence of this free software and I hope that there will be new improvements. Amazing ;-)
You will not succeed if you use someone else's music in your work and show it to all people on such major platforms like Youtube. First of all, you should have the right to this music, and only then can you use it. I would advise you to make a song yourself and find a site that deals with crowd funding music. That is, people will donate to you for your music, and as far as I know, there are also sites where you can give online concerts. The main thing is that all rights belong to you. Otherwise, you may face a fine.
hey wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:30 pm
Are there any other music platforms besides Spotify?
...Propl.Hundreds...
The LMMS user Ninjastoppel
Ninjastoppel wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:01 am
>
is afaik trying to get into the label-businesses. He often showcases LMMS-artists in General-chat
You could do a chat with him
yeah as long as it is your own music or you have the rights to upload it. you can't just upload someone elses music, unless they let you do it. hope that helps
musikbear wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 pm
Devansh430 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:37 am
I emphasised the important part.
Yes!
If you do not find and use copyrighted content on your own, then ALL derivative work made by YOU, belongs entirely to YOU, and you can use that as YOU want.

Obs!
The samples are offered under is GPL2. GPL2 is a source license.
You can do whatever you want with derivative works, just don't relicense anything from lmms samples library as your own!

Any and All relicensing is illegal!

Note, bundled project files aren't C00 cleared either. If you have a question about a particular track, let a developer know and we'll do our best to get you in contact with the original artist.

Iow: YOU have to be both Composer and Producer of your commercial songs

Good luck in the hard business :)

Let us know if you have any success
Oh! That's fantastic! Thank you for sharing this information