No MIDI device in LMMS Windows

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I've been toying with the idea of replacing FL Studio with LMMS for some time now, and finally got around to installing it on my desktop where I do all of my recording just recently. Only one problem: My Korg K25 controller doesn't show up as a MIDI device in LMMS. Anyone have this problem or is there a step to find it that I may be missing here?
Have you read
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index. ... Using_MIDI
-I know of several people who have KORG-mini running succesfully with lmms, ..but 'KORG midi' is not just simplY 'KORG midi' -there could be something different in respect to K25 versus Kmini :/
-but try the methods described in the link, then reply back.
ok, thanks, that got it going...

... however, that's gonna be one strike against LMMS for ease of use. This is the only app of it's kind that's ever required anything like this. Typically, I set the MIDI device in a properties dialogue and don't have to deal with it on a per-track basis unless I'm using something like a multi-timbral instrument, and even then the apps are usually intelligent enough that I don't have to adjust anything then. Cubase, ProTools, FL Studio, Sonar, Reaper... not one does anything like this.