Will my sounds make it to the stock sounds of LMMS?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I am a music producer and I love making drum samples and stuff. I hope y'all don't mind me saying this but the stock sounds in LMMS literally suck. If I make a lot of drum samples ranging from trap to hip-hop to EDM, will they make it to the stock samples of LMMS?
I really want to contribute to LMMS but I don't know programming. I was also thinking about remaking the entire LMMS manual. What are your opinions?
First off, Welcome to the Forum Techtonex !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

Techtonex wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:00 am
I am a music producer and I love making drum samples and stuff. I hope y'all don't mind me saying this but the stock sounds in LMMS literally suck. If I make a lot of drum samples ranging from trap to hip-hop to EDM, will they make it to the stock samples of LMMS?
I really want to contribute to LMMS but I don't know programming. I was also thinking about remaking the entire LMMS manual. What are your opinions?
Yes, We are not very pleased with the factory-samples either, and there has been attempts to build a better library.
Your offer is definitively interesting!
I cant promise that your samples will be added to LMMS, simply because everything has to go through a review between several people, but i can promise you that your samples will be considered and reviewed. Everybody are more than welcome to participate in LMMS development. We always need c++ coders :p, but any kind of addons will always be highly appreciated.
What i would suggest is that you read *everything* we have about sample-contributions here:
https://github.com/lmms/assets/tree/master/Samples
and there upload the files you would like to be reviewed.

Thank you for your kind offer.
Your contributions will add you to
https://github.com/LMMS/assets/blob/mas ... es/AUTHORS
The plan is to make a sample pack which sounds for most of the EDM + Hip-hop Genre

Tr-808 and Tr-909 sounds
(For 80's boom bap and Techno)

Old-school hiphop drums
(For hardcore boom bap lovers)

Dubstep sounds
(for Hardcore EDM and Trapstep)

House Drums
(Progressive, tropical, etc. Etc)

Trap drums (2 drumkits)

Lots of FX and transitions like guns and some Vox by me.

Melodic oneshots

1. Flutes
2. Plucks
3. Choirs
And many, many more.

All sounds will be synthesized by me (Some will be recycled/layered but I only use royalty free sounds from Cymatics and other places so that won't be a problem. I also like the sandwiching a shit ton of layers of recorded percussion on royalty free drums from the internet so there's no chance of getting copyright strikes on my sounds.

I will try to rebuild the entire sample library by myself.
Techtonex wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:54 am
The plan is to make a sample pack which sounds for most of the EDM + Hip-hop Genre

Tr-808 and Tr-909 sounds

Old-school hiphop drums

Dubstep sounds

House Drums

Trap drums (2 drumkits)

Melodic oneshots

1. Flutes
2. Plucks
3. Choirs
And many, many more.

All sounds will be synthesized by me (Some will be recycled/layered but I only use royalty free sounds from Cymatics and other places so that won't be a problem. I also like the sandwiching a shit ton of layers of recorded percussion on royalty free drums from the internet so there's no chance of getting copyright strikes on my sounds.

Very good!
Please remember to read the information on the page i linked you to, everything is important :)
And also very important: Do not use names that are identical to any of the existing sounds in the current factory collection. It would be like asking for confusion, and for some, weird changes of old projects, in case they dump all sounds in one folder (Not ! recommended) :)
musikbear wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:14 pm
Techtonex wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:54 am

Tr-808 and Tr-909 sounds

Old-school hiphop drums

Dubstep sounds

House Drums

Trap drums (2 drumkits)

Melodic oneshots

1. Flutes
2. Plucks
3. Choirs
And many, many more.

Very good!
Please remember to read the information on the page i linked you to, everything is important :)
And also very important: Do not use names that are identical to any of the existing sounds in the current factory collection. It would be like asking for confusion, and for some, weird changes of old projects, in case they dump all sounds in one folder (Not ! recommended) :)
Interesting, though, redistribution of the samples from Cymatics as is or without changes is not allowed (I use their dubstep samples and Ive read about the license)

Edit: I agree the samples are shit tho, I usually layer them with 3rd party kicks and snares. The hi hats tho, can be temporarily remedied by using Ozone Imager :p