Forum Category Suggestion - 3rd Party Support

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Really does not matter to me if this gets added, but something I just thought of as I was about to start a thread.

Probably too late to do this because someone would have to go through "Support" section and move all item over but, maybe add a category under "Support" category called something like "Support - 3rd Party Software"
So "Support" would be LMMS specific support and "Support - 3rd Party Software" would be issues that arise when trying to use 3rd party software in LMMS.

Anyways just thought I would share.
First off, Welcome to the Forum sound8 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

sound8 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:39 pm
add a category under "Support" category called something like "Support - 3rd Party Software"
We have that already, but not on Forum. Instead we have a section in WIKI, and soon to come also in eBook. The section is called Useful resources.
Your "3. party. fits best with the category Music_making_resources : https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... _resources
Only actual program is Audacity, but several HPs are listed.
Do you have suggestions for other programs Do post them here. They will be added to our eBook later
(eBook Opens from the Help-menu in LMMS)
@musikbear
Thank you for your response and your welcoming to the forum.
I apologize, I am not sure if I follow though.

When making the post I was thinking that a section would be added so that if a user has an issue using a 3rd party plugin / addon (VST, etc.) within LMMS that those posts would get put in a different section called "support - 3rd party"
So the main "support" section would be only for LMMS specific issues.
I was talking more about issues rather than resources.

Again not a big deal, probably not that great of an idea.
I imagine it is probably easier for moderators / users to just have one section to look into rather then two.

My main reason was I plan on posting some questions about running Carla in LMMS for Windows.
I plan on posting it in a day or so, if you use that program in Windows and may be able to offer some answers, keep an eye out for it :)

Which answers the question from your response, Carla may be a good program to add to that list, if others agree.

Thank You again for your response
sound8 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:26 pm
I imagine it is probably easier for moderators / users to just have one section to look into rather then two.
Ye, we discriminate requests through good descriptive topic-lines instead.
My main reason was I plan on posting some questions about running Carla in LMMS for Windows.
I back out through the back-door..
I have NO insight in Carla.
-Though..
It it worth the hazzle?
We expect lvl2 support to be native in most likely next release
I see Carla as an unnecessary middle-layer, only for lvl2 usage.
An Abuse of RAM, and nothing really gained