Vocoder?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hey guys, I've been using LMMS for a while now and I'm loving it. Especially when I figure out new stuff, maybe you guys can help me there today.

Is it possible to use any sort of vocoder in LMMS? I've tried the MDA plugins in Vestige but it didn't even seem to load properly, the GUI wouldn't show when I clicked on the button. Beyond the MDA plugins, I have no idea where to look... Any ideas?
Hi I have tried with an LADSPA vocoder but to no avail as yet, LMMS sees it as an instrument therefore cant/wont load it, however i have found a free vst that does
work for me (using lmms 0.4.12 on linux... here http://vst-plugins.homemusician.net/eff ... coder.html it is still a beta version but it comes
along with txt file manual too ;)
Hello!

That is a great recommendation, it has been long time that I have been trying to find a vocoder to work with LMMS! Sadly, I do not know how to use it... I am trying to figure out how to connect a carrier track and a speech track without any success. I tried loading it as an instrument or as a global FX... Any suggestions?

I am using LMMS 0.4.10 as distributed in Debian Sid.

Thanks a lot!
the vocoder has to be used as an effect, and you will have to use panning of the carrier and speech channels, so you would say for example use a kick panned fully to the left as a carrier and a triple oscillator panned fully to the right which will be going to the speech channel. this will obviously be a mono sound , it may be possible to use the "stereophonic matrix" effect to gain back the lost stereo sound, but i havnt experimented much with this yet, maybe use it on the actual plugin that is the speech channel, you will just have to use trial and error. ( the kick and triple-osc in my example will have to be mapped to the same fx channel e.g. master or 1 to 64 as long as they are the same channel really and the trashcoder vst is on that channel )