Curious about ZynAddSubFX integration with LMMS

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I have tried the free VST version of ZynAddSubFX with Reaper and, unless I am imagining things, it didn't sound quite as full-bodied as it does in LMMS.

So I looked at LMMS and noticed that many ZynAddSubFX presets have some preassigned FX in LMMS and maybe some STACKING.

Did someone go through the ZynAddSubFX presets and enhance them so the mods are part of the default presets in LMMS?

I like ZynAddSubFX in LMMS a lot. Just curious if there is a difference or whether these extra FX would be "baked in" to the presets as they appear in Reaper (and I guess in other DAW). :geek:
newsguy wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:01 am
I have tried the free VST version of ZynAddSubFX with Reaper and, unless I am imagining things, it didn't sound quite as full-bodied as it does in LMMS.

So I looked at LMMS and noticed that many ZynAddSubFX presets have some preassigned FX in LMMS and maybe some STACKING.
Absolutely! The LMMS-zasfx-presets are individually build -That is the case for all presets
Did someone go through the ZynAddSubFX (zasfx) presets and enhance them so the mods are part of the default presets in LMMS?
Yes.
Could these extra FX would be "baked in" to the presets as they appear in Reaper (and I guess in other DAW). :geek:
They ought to be indirectly importable, but you would need to save/ export each one as a zasfx-standard-preset
In LMMS' folders they are in LMMS-std.
You can use the zasfx advanced user-UI and save any preset as a zasfx-std-preset.

Afair its under File

That ought to be directly useable in any zasfx-version newer than ours, and in any DAW.
The Licence-info is imbaked, so i dont think that would be an issue, but dont remove it :)

NB, the very few that actually have any LMMS-effects on the LMMS-effects-tab, they will ofcause not be inside a zasfx preset, but afair there are not a single one, at leat not in our default presets. If you get some from LSP, then there may be, those cant be 'baked-in'
That is a very interesting and helpful answer. Thank you. I am tempted to 'dive in' but my gut tells me, rightly or wrongly, that some of the LMMS plugins would not be compatible (as saved presets) in Reaper. Is that right?

I am a bedroom musician first, and only learn technical stuff on a 'need to know' basis. So with my limited tech knowledge, I listen to my gut a lot to save time. That, and seek specific answers as I go along...

If I'm right and there would not be full plugin compatibility, I suppose I could always use stems exported from LMMS and imported into Reaper. Or vice versa (I like the swing feature in Megababy...).

I am going nuts loving both of these DAWS!!! Cannot choose which one to go with!!! :D
I am tempted to 'dive in' but my gut tells me, rightly or wrongly, that some of the LMMS plugins would not be compatible (as saved presets) in Reaper. Is that right?
[/quote]

Just pick one and try, you could do that is 5 mins. I only have LMMS, so i cant experiment with other DAWs. Reaper is however a commercial DAW, and the demo or light version has some limits. LMMS will always be freeware, and all features that we ever add, will be in the official release. Also
We listen to our community, and add features in response, that is also special for LMMS