LMMS is working on my ancient T42 laptop

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to run LMMS, given the laptop runs win xp sp2 and has only one gig of ram
Cool! :D

In my case, lmms 1.1.3 actually runs on my dell win xp PC, with 512 MB of RAM, and a semi not so powerful intel cpu processor. With a few internal plugins and five Synth 1 vst's playing in the project. I find that amazing. 8-)
emberofficial wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:23 pm
I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to run LMMS, given the laptop runs win xp sp2 and has only one gig of ram
Surely you mean sp3?
Oh yes, LMMS works perfectly fine on XP, 1 GB RAM will haunt you. Less than 2 will limit the project size, and first and foremost what samples you will be able to use.

Our current Minimum System Requirements recommendations are
CPU: 1.5 GHz x86, x86_64, or ARM-based CPU with 2 cores
RAM: 1 GB
Available Storage Space: 100 MB
If it works on your ancient laptop, then it means that the ancient lmms binary gods are pleased. 8-)

Time to chant songs of praise, chiptune style. ^o^
Well, the program does not really require very many resources at the beginning of your journey, then you will need more RAM. At first, I thought that everything would work fine on my old laptop, but then it started to slow down a lot. I went and bought a new laptop after searching for information and forgot about my problems. So I also advise you to buy a laptop or a new RAM, so as not to find yourself in the same problem as me. This is all just a tip for you, if it starts to slow down you know what you need to do.