What is LMMS? Is it good?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello,
I was searching for making music applications. And I saw FL Studio and LMMS. Actually I know FL is good option but I am a Linux user and My heart is near open-source :)

But usability is more important than being open-source.

I read this :

Acording to it, LMMS is difficult to learn for new ones. Do you think is it true? Is learning LMMS easy?

Do you think can LMMS fill place of FL Studio.
cnrtechspot.com wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:58 am
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

"LMMS is difficult to learn for new ones". Do you think is it true? Is learning LMMS easy?
It is not true!
You can take a look at my rookie-guide, then you will see that lmms is not only easy to use, but its also intuitive to use.
Do you think can LMMS fill place of FL Studio.
Well, no
FLs is an expensive commercial semi-profesional DAW, and it is better than lmms, simply because it can do more, use new VST3, and has a higher quality in native plugins, those will however set you back many 100' $ -Each!!
LMMS is near perfect for gamemakers, that want to create music for their game, and want to have access to create anything, not being restricted by expensive locked features.
But lmms has prompted the big elephants in the DAW industry, to offer free versions of their own programs -Even Pro-tools now have a free version with limited options. I believe lmms is the re(a)son for that :)
We of cause love our own software, and it is hard to recommend anything else, and you will find features in LMMS that the 'bigónes' do not offer. Most prominent: We listen to our users!
Almost every feature in lmms is the result of user wishes. We would love to implement everything we are asked for, but all and all as few as 6 devs works in their free time on lmms. We are ALWAYS looking for new coders!
Rookie-guide:
The first daw I ever tried, was Fruity Loops on Windows.

LMMS works allot like Fruity loops.

LMMS is probably the easiest DAW to learn.

Is it the best ? Well its probably the best free DAW and it runs on Linux.
With wine installed you can even use most vst in LMMS on Linux, that come in the form of a .dll file
If you're new to music production, LMMS is one of the better free DAW options to dip your toes in, explore, and see what works best for you. It has enough functionality for beginners interested in electronic music production.
I know absolutely nothing about music. LMMS' interface is one of the most intuitive ones I've seen now that I realise it.
The interface itself shapes your learning curve as you learn what is important at first and what should be learnt later.
It may not look very intuitive because of the structure of the UI, but don't let that put you off.
Lmms is a really good software to make music, and you can even make sound effects and music, for your short youtube vids, and video games too. It might have a few bugs like other DAW's, even paid ones, but it is easy to use.