Hi,

what possible crazy uses are there for this awesome software besides its intended use of "making music".

One idea i had , was to use it to trigger external thing periodically. Think of the following setup:

LMMS
|
Audioout(to spk/lineout) -

| >>>-|-------spk (L +)
|>>>--|-|------spk (L-) ______________
| |>>>---------- | -____________|
| | external AC.device |
|>>>>--------- |+_(e.g. "lamp) |
|___________ __|

| >>>>--------spk(R-)
|>>>>---------spk(R +)
| |
"+DC.LED-"

by adding a 2 wires for each speaker we can fork the signal to whatever external electrical device we want. a small led can be lit this way without further modifications - a micro disco light show ;-)

With the right kind of electronic circuit the signal could be amplified to add power from an external source to drive heavier loads .

this leaves us with a fully customizable, programmable, automatable trigger-event system. Nice to have for a good laugh or to actually do something useful with it like periodically start and stop a motor - using volume settings for voltage regulation. (tested with a small dc motor... works!) A fade in would start the motor slowly and then let it run faster and faster. a fade out would slow it down accordingly.

Unfortunatly i dont know enough yet about electro/nics to design additional circuits / external applications. From here, it is your journey. I encourage you to experiment with this and if you have the needed skills to design "safe to use" circuits for this, please share them. A word of warning though: Dont fXXX around with shXX you do not understand entirley! Electricity can cause deadly accidents. (Thats the real reason, why i do not provide " a full circuit blueprint for lets say attaching an inverterboard to generate sparks with a few thousand volts....") so please, be sure to know what you do for your own good and if you should design and share a circuit make sure that it really is safe to use. nobody wants to fry their hardware! so its always a good advice to make sure that systems are galavincly seperated - use relais e.g.)

As with everything else in this world: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO! not me, not them, not the others... you!