LMMS Theme Designer ?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Heylou everyone! :D
First of all... How are all of you doing? :)

Now to the subject.
Would you be interested in "software" for designing the LMMS Themes?
I've thrown something together really fast in Godot so you can visualize what I mean.

Here is a short gif.

On the left side is at the moment nothing, but I envision there an image of the LMMS Theme and real-time updates to it, while you change values around. So you don't have to export the Style.css constantly to LMMS (open, close, open, close) just so you can see how your theme looks. :D

Is there any need for something like this or is it just a waste of time? :D
It's a really good idea! It allows people who do not trust themselves around CSS to still mess with themes. I'd find it useful personally.

Side note: it would be cool if the colour updated automatically as you dragged the sliders instead of having a separate button, and also an option for colour picker which most people are comfortable with.
Also, updating the sliders whenever a hex value is entered.
Definitely a needed tool for us, who are frustrated to modify codes in style.css for themes to make it how we like it. Personally I would like it to have as many features at some point, so I can change as many details as I can, but I know is a very hard work and it needs a lot of time so patience is the key! I thank you for your efforts of bringing useful tools for the community! I appreciate you and your work as well as your themes for LMMS!

Cheers!
Monospace wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:47 am
It's a really good idea! It allows people who do not trust themselves around CSS to still mess with themes. I'd find it useful personally.

Side note: it would be cool if the colour updated automatically as you dragged the sliders instead of having a separate button, and also an option for colour picker which most people are comfortable with.
Also, updating the sliders whenever a hex value is entered.
After I made the post, I added to the right corner a small color preview that is updated in real-time and also the conversion from hex code to RGB values so that sliders and entry fields also update in real-time. :D

At the moment I'm at work but once I get home and do some more work I'll post more GIFs. :)
Mastartiq wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:59 am
Definitely a needed tool for us, who are frustrated to modify codes in style.css for themes to make it how we like it. Personally I would like it to have as many features at some point, so I can change as many details as I can, but I know is a very hard work and it needs a lot of time so patience is the key! I thank you for your efforts of bringing useful tools for the community! I appreciate you and your work as well as your themes for LMMS!

Cheers!
Thank you very much. :)
Well, my idea was to implement all the options that Style.css allows us to be changed.
I know there is a lot to be done but I see it as coding practice for me. :D
Vibrantic wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:08 am
Well, my idea was to implement all the options that Style.css allows us to be changed.
Good idea and an interesting project
Novel way to use a game-engine!
musikbear wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:40 pm
Vibrantic wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:08 am
Good idea and an interesting project
Novel way to use a game-engine!
Thank's. :)
Gaming-Engines are very versatile. Many programs were created using Unity, UE, and Godot. :D
So I did a bit of work and here is a gif of how I imagine it.
Now I know that it isn't much on the surface, but getting it all synchronized while trying to learn and understand GDScript takes time. :D

Vibrantic wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:03 pm
Now I know that it isn't much on the surface, but getting it all synchronized while trying to learn and understand GDScript takes time. :D

Very excited to see the project taking form, step by step. I love that you post GIFS too, so we can see how it translates.
Have a so good work there and enjoy all of it!

Cheers!
Mastartiq wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:01 am
Vibrantic wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Very excited to see the project taking form, step by step. I love that you post GIFS too, so we can see how it translates.
Have a so good work there and enjoy all of it!

Cheers!
Thank you Mastartiq. :)
Will do. :D