ear protection

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
i was using earphones and doing a very agresive frecuency automation and i hurted mi ears
does anyone knows tips for taking care of ears?
First, to avoid this:
Each time you do something you haven't done before or could involve frequency, reduce your audio device's volume and check if anything goes wrong.
or
Put a limiter/compressor on your master output while creating, so certain frequencies aren't intolerable. (More convenient.)
Give your ears a break every 20-30 minutes when making music.
Because I live in a city, silence is nowhere.
THese are basic tips, someone else could probably give you better tips.
coldfavox wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:26 pm
i was using earphones and doing a very agresive frecuency automation and i hurted mi ears
I think the most obvious advice would be:
Dont use earphones especially when you are working with filters, but most FX-plugins can create sounds that are dangerous!
Its fine to listen to a finished track with earphones, but dont use them as you produce!
coldfavox wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:26 pm
The others are right. If you are doing that, it is better to use speakers or studio monitors. If you use headphones or ear phones for that, it will damage your ears.
You need to clean your earphones everytime you used them! It would also be nice to be checked by a specialized doctor.