Record Label

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
brandystarbrite wrote:
And offer you tools to do so (maybe you don't like FL, so we'll give you Ableton).
Wait,........so you guys give away free, paid for software like (Abelton) for free? O.O
Wow!
You guys must have alot of legit, FL Studio and Abelton software license keycodes, to throw around! ;)
Yup.
eastperson wrote:Hmmmmm....not sure what to think about all this....
Basically-

I am an artist myself, and wanted to get myself noticed, without having to jump through hoops and give my anal virginity (kidding) to do it. So I formed a label based on the ideal that the modern label for up and coming artists should not try to suck the artists dry, especially because they most likely started from nothing, and it's wrong to kick someone when they're down. Taking bullshit %20-%30 profit cuts off an aspiring artist who needs the money to follow their dreams in like punching a baby and expecting it to get back up. So we take no cuts, give you the tools to pursue your dreams for free and we also master your tracks and create your cover art. What do we get out of this? The satisfaction of knowing that we helped somebody realize that not all people are bad, and there are people who just want to help. I can personally vouch that Serum Records will never sell out and never take cuts, no matter what. I'll actually post the contract, and we can make edits to it so it really becomes the people's label!

By agreeing to this contract you agree to the following-

A. Distribution

1. Serum Records is authorized to distribute your content to places like Soundcloud and Youtube
2. Serum Records is authorized to use your likeness in content such as album covers and stage names
3. Your music is able to be distributed by anybody on any social network, as long as they state that you are the creator.

B. Your Rights

1. You created your music, and we're here to help, not steal. You keep %100 ownership of your content
2. You can distribute your content anywhere without notifying Serum Records
3. You can decide how many tracks you want on an EP
4. You can decide how long you want your tracks to be
5. You can decide what genre you want your tracks to be
6. You can decide the price of your track, even free. Free is preferred and recommended.

C. Our Resources

1. We have no affiliation with Ableton, Image-Line, Native Instruments, PreSonus, Bitwig, reFX, or LennarDigital.
2. Any plugin we send to you that you need, you can keep forever and ever as your BFF plugin.
3. You cannot duplicate and send the plugins we give you to other people.
4. You don't have to read the license in the file we send you, but it is recommended.
5. Don't ask for a plugin and never use it. If you don't want it, do the right thing. Sell it on ebay.
6. We have no affiliation with Monarch Audio Mastering, they are just mastering badasses.
7. We have no affiliation with www.landr.com, they are just a quick mastering decision. Not a great one though.

D. Release

1. When we release your track to Soundcloud, Youtube, whatever, you will be notified with the contact info you give us.
2. We reserve the right to release your track as a single or part of an EP, for a fixed price decided by YOU.
3. If you do have a price for your tracks, you get %100 percent of all the earnings. A little cut would be nige though.
4. If for some reason you need the track taken down, send us an email and tell us why and we'll get it down ASAP.

E. Being Fucking Awesome

1. Be yourself, make awesome tunes, send 'em to us via email, we'll put 'em up, and you'll roll around in bitches.
2. Everything above in that order.

- The Serum Records Team
Serumrecords2 wrote:
Basically-

I am an artist myself, and wanted to get myself noticed, without having to jump through hoops and give my anal virginity (kidding) to do it. So I formed a label based on the ideal that the modern label for up and coming artists should not try to suck the artists dry, especially because they most likely started from nothing, and it's wrong to kick someone when they're down. Taking bullshit %20-%30 profit cuts off an aspiring artist who needs the money to follow their dreams in like punching a baby and expecting it to get back up. So we take no cuts, give you the tools to pursue your dreams for free and we also master your tracks and create your cover art. What do we get out of this? The satisfaction of knowing that we helped somebody realize that not all people are bad, and there are people who just want to help. I can personally vouch that Serum Records will never sell out and never take cuts, no matter what. I'll actually post the contract, and we can make edits to it so it really becomes the people's label!

A. Distribution

1. Serum Records is authorized to distribute your content to places like Soundcloud and Youtube
2. Serum Records is authorized to use your likeness in content such as album covers and stage names
3. Your music is able to be distributed by anybody on any social network, as long as they state that you are the creator.

B. Your Rights

1. You created your music, and we're here to help, not steal. You keep %100 ownership of your content
6. You can decide the price of your track, even free. Free is preferred and recommended.

C. Our Resources

1. We have no affiliation with Ableton, Image-Line, Native Instruments, PreSonus, Bitwig, reFX, or LennarDigital.
2. Any plugin we send to you that you need, you can keep forever and ever as your BFF plugin.
4. You don't have to read the license in the file we send you, but it is recommended.
5. Don't ask for a plugin and never use it. If you don't want it, do the right thing. Sell it on ebay.
6. We have no affiliation with Monarch Audio Mastering, they are just mastering badasses.
7. We have no affiliation with http://www.landr.com, they are just a quick mastering decision. Not a great one though.

D. Release

1. When we release your track to Soundcloud, Youtube, whatever, you will be notified with the contact info you give us.
2. We reserve the right to release your track as a single or part of an EP, for a fixed price decided by YOU.
3. If you do have a price for your tracks, you get %100 percent of all the earnings. A little cut would be nige though.
4. If for some reason you need the track taken down, send us an email and tell us why and we'll get it down ASAP.

E. Being Fucking Awesome

1. Be yourself, make awesome tunes, send 'em to us via email, we'll put 'em up, and you'll roll around in bitches.

- The Serum Records Team
Well, I'll wait and see - but thank you for having the decency to respond to my statement :D
eastperson wrote:
Serumrecords2 wrote:
Basically-

A. Distribution

B. Your Rights

C. Our Resources

7. We have no affiliation with http://www.landr.com, they are just a quick mastering decision. Not a great one though.

D. Release

E. Being Fucking Awesome

- The Serum Records Team
Well, I'll wait and see - but thank you for having the decency to respond to my statement :D
Def man, anytime. Just posted a new track on soundcloud, check it out!
<scratches head>

- Does work for free for artists
- Provides expensive legal licenses to the ones who sign up for free.
- Doesn't charge any one anything more than a voluntary amount.

- Does not have a website or password to current soundcloud page.

I know.... but sorry, something doesn't add up. There is nothing on here that generates any income for the label to support giving away free licenses to pretty much anyone who wants one. Great if it is legit but.....

Thx for posting details.
:?
C_H wrote:<scratches head>

I know.... but sorry, something doesn't add up. There is nothing on here that generates any income for the label to support giving away free licenses to pretty much anyone who wants one. Great if it is legit but.....

Thx for posting details.
<scratches head also> Great if it is legit but.....also....
also
........ and you'll roll around in bitches.

seems legit.
C_H wrote:<scratches head>

Thx for posting details.
Soundcloud page is www.soundcloud.com/serumrecords
C_H wrote:also
........ and you'll roll around in bitches.

seems legit.
We try to keep it cool, so you know that we aren't just all super professional and picky.
Serumrecords2 wrote:
Basically-

A. Distribution

B. Your Rights

C. Our Resources

D. Release

E. Being Fucking Awesome

- The Serum Records Team
this is excellent, might be sending a demo soon