Record Label

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I need recommendations for independent record labels suitable for electronic musicians.

If I were to take the non-commercial approach, would it be wise to try these?

http://creativecommons.org/record-labels

Or is there someone in the LMMS community who wants to start a new independent record label?
caLRo wrote:Or is there someone in the LMMS community who wants to start a new independent record label?
This caught my interest. 8-)
If I look at the number of artists who started their own record label, it might be a good idea.

Although I do not make music to make money, I would not mind, it getting me money. But I refuse upfront to take a commercial approach which is prob, what a record company would want.
At this point what I'm looking for is a label that focuses on free electronic music, to help me a bit in promoting my tracks. Recognition is what I'm after, not money.

There are so many record labels out there. I don't quite know what suits me yet. I'm planning on making house tracks, but I don't want to stick with just one genre.

Should I just submit demos/tracks everywhere, and hopefully one or more labels will reply to me?
I think you could try to email them, and see how they respond.

Do they have restriction on the music you produce ? Do they actively promote their songs ?
Why is there a need to have a record label pushing free music?

If all is done as non-profit then why not set up a regular website with yours (and others creations), post to sound cloud, make youtube releases, create facebook/instagram/twitter feeds.
I don't know exactly why a record label would want to publish free music. It would look to THEM like they are doing a bunch of work without getting paid anything.
well then start your own label
Hey guys! We are an independent record label for all EDM genres, and we offer plugins (Most Native Instruments Plugins, Sylenth1, Nexus, JP6K, etc.), mastering, promotion, and we'll make your covers. Just send a demo to serumrecords.demos@gmail.com.. and I will personally listen and respond to your demo.

1. Put your track into a zip or rar file
2. Email it to serumrecords.demo@gmail.com.. as an attachment along with a message on why you got into producing, your main genre/style, and what it means to you to love music.
3. I will personally get back to you, and if you are signed, the response email with have a contract included with a personal message from me!
caLRo wrote:At this point what I'm looking for is a label that focuses on free electronic music, to help me a bit in promoting my tracks. Recognition is what I'm after, not money.

There are so many record labels out there. I don't quite know what suits me yet. I'm planning on making house tracks, but I don't want to stick with just one genre.

Should I just submit demos/tracks everywhere, and hopefully one or more labels will reply to me?
We'll sign you, if you'll have us! Send your demo to serumrecords.demo@gmail.com., and if you're as awesome as you sound, you're in!