uploading audio into lmms

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello lmms community,

i'm new to lmms. I've been getting familiar with the basics for the last few days. The internet and forums such as these have been a great help in doing so. I can't seem to find an answer for my main problem though.

My goal is to be able to produce my own songs. Most of the time i'll be making a backing track and adding some instruments and vocals on top using audacity.
But what if i already have vocals or a piano piece that i want to build a drum loop on top of? Same goes for remixing already existing tracks. Is there a way to upload long sections of audio into lmms so as to build more layers on top of it?

Thanks
a way to upload long sections of audio into lmms
That would be the Sample-Track container:
You can find a litle on usage of this container here:
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index. ... th_Samples
MP3 is not suported.
When i tried uploading a file like that before, it wouldn't play like a shorter one beat sample, no sound would play at all. I realised i had to drag the note out to the length of the sample so it would play all the way through. Makes sense really.

Thanks for your help.
youre welcome -great that you got it working
Br.
In case any newbies are reading this "Topic,"
You can import Wav. and ogg. music files into Lmms.
And you can save your music, loops or Songs, in both Wav. and ogg. format.
As musikbear said: "MP3 not supported." "FOR REAL!"

Note: When saving a "sound or melody" in Lmms for "Windows 7 64 BIt." Don't select "32 Bit Float."
"Instead choose the default "16 Bit Integer."
Why? Because (in Windows 7 64 Bit) if you save the file as a 32 Bit Float: If you try to re import the music file, or melody you made, an Lmms glitch/bug will prevent you from playing it, or importing it.
I don't know what causes it though.
And if anyone else has experienced this "bug" or "glitch," please make a post or comment and let us Lmms users know. :)
Bye.
musikbear wrote:youre welcome -great that you got it working
Br.
I am probably being really clueless here, but once I have loaded a short WAV file into the AudioFileProcessor, now what do I do? I was presuming that I could save it into "My samples" but I do not see how I can do so.
The audio processor works like all other instrument in lmms. You need to have at least one note in the piano roll.

The right spot is most of the times at the same note as the green knob(square) is at.
( the green square above the piano keys)

Does this help ?
Gps wrote:The audio processor works like all other instrument in lmms. You need to have at least one note in the piano roll.

The right spot is most of the times at the same note as the green knob(square) is at.
( the green square above the piano keys)

Does this help ?
Yes! However, it sounds like it is playing at about 100X speed. I cannot hear it well at all.
Did you put that note at A4 ?
To get a .wav file to appear in MySamples you just have to place it in the "samples" directory under the LMMS working directory (usually something like C:/users/<yourname>/lmms/samples on Windows). To hear what it sounds like just click it.

Then to use it you just drag it to either the Song Editor or Beat+bassline Editor and that automatically loads it into a copy of AudioFileProcessor. Then you can play it by putting A4 notes in piano roll (or by clicking the key under the green block on the AFP keyboard). If you use any note other than that it will be speeded up or slowed down (and the pitch changed) so don't do it unless that's what you want.

Steve