Sound changed in 0.4.12?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Seems something about the sound changed in 0.4.12. Thing is I can't quite nail it down. Some of the saved songs don't sound like they did before. :?

Not sure if it's the (LADSPA) effects that have been altered (maybe not reading settings correctly from old saves?), or if something was done to some instrument presets like those in ZynAddSubFX.

It's not just me, is it?
Hmmmm... Did some experimenting. :ugeek:

I'm willing to bet the gate and delay knobs on the top level panel of an effect actually work now, don't they?

If that's the case, then LMMS is likely doing something it's supposed to. Problem is old songs didn't use that data. (At least they couldn't in any useful way in older versions of Win32 LMMS.) Any idea what the interpreted values for those from the older versions of LMMS were? That way I can plug 'em in.

Still might be some other things to look for, but I think that's a start.
Seems something about the sound changed in 0.4.12.
I have had similar thoughts - Im however not so sure about the main-ladspa controller, cause i think i have heard difference in zynAddSubFX -especially in duration of short notes, and those zyn instruments did not use any ladspa FX.
Further, the main controls has worked for a long time. Its long ago i made a tut around getting god reverb and delay depending on decay settings. ..Gate, not so sure.. That said, i think updates so far has been exelent maintained, and it is subtle differences, but ..yes something is different from 0.4.12.
My main concern around latest update is the auto-save. that has given me some scares, and i really think it should be optional, but thats an other story :p and already reported through the proper channels
Br.
They're forcing autosave? That's a really easy way to break things. (Particularly when experimenting with old tracks with no intent to save over them.) If they implement it without any versioning and roll-back capability, a lot can go wrong with that. (Plenty of experience with that when doing graphics, and usually I disable it if it doesn't have any way to keep track of versions.) I agree with you that something like that really should be optional.

As for the gate & delay knobs, I swear I remember seeing somewhere that they weren't always supported with all effects in the Windows builds. (Under Linux, they may have been working for a long time.) I am using the win32 version btw.
pauljs75 wrote:They're forcing autosave?
oh dont be scared, the autosave creates a complete new file exclusively used for creash-restore. There is ofcause NO tamperling with your master at all! The process of maintaining this autosave is however a lag inducer, and can lead to spiked cpu usage.. perhaps worse , eg crashes, if you have other hungry processes ocouring at the same instance. For that reason it should be optional.
im btw on win32 too :)
Br.