Welcome and asking

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi.
I've just installed LMMS and have great impression and hopes.
I'd like to ask a question about vst instruments.
(I've done proper setup of MIDI ext card and keyborard.)
But then I started to test but with MIDI keyboard disconnected for a while.
I uploaded VST and started testing them.
I noticed that when playing sound the pointer of mouse freezes and can not manipulate with knobs.
(I will check today how it is with MIDI keyboard)

BTW. Is it possible even to use VST synthetizer and assign it's knobs to MIDI controllers at all?
i can see that english is not you first language, mine neither btw, and im not absolutly sure of what you asks -but i think i can answer one of your questions:
Is it possible even to use VST synthetizer and assign it's knobs to MIDI controllers at all?
sadly -no. Lmms cant automate any controllers on any 3. party vst's
Hello.
Thank you very much for the effort and the answer.
First of all. You're right. English is not my first language but you made me a little bit concerned about my language skills :)
Seriously. I did hope it should be quite all right. Eh. I will try harder.
Nevertheless. Coming back to topic. What I mean here.
First problem.
I choice VST instrument. Now. I play it with my keys on laptop. When I hear the sound I can't touch knobs with mouse.
Second problem.
In general. I load VST. Is it possible at all that knobs on VST can be connected with knob on keyboard using MIDI.
If you use standard syth from the program you can link each knob to controller but I see that it doesn't work with knobs in VST instruments.
Am I right?
First problem.
I choice VST instrument. Now. I play it with my keys on laptop. When I hear the sound I can't touch knobs with mouse.
yes, that is unfoutunately so for most vsts. The reason is that you can only play a note on your labtop if the LMMS-instrumen-interface has focus
Emediately when you touch the vst-interface, the focus is on the vst-interface, and you can not press any keys. -sad :/, but there is a solution:D
What you do is
*you put i few notes in the piano-roll
*press the play key in the piano-roll
*click on the vst's interface -that will give focus to the vst
Now the notes you have in the piano-roll still plays and you can ajust every knob or slider in the vst's interface and hear the result emediately.

Second problem.
In general. I load VST. Is it possible at all that knobs on VST can be connected with knob on keyboard using MIDI.
If you use standard syth from the program you can link each knob to controller but I see that it doesn't work with knobs in VST instruments.
Am I right?
sadly yes -you cant link anything on any vst to any LMMS controller or automation-track

Br.
musikbear wrote:
sadly yes -you cant link anything on any vst to any LMMS controller or automation-track

Br.
I hope you understood exactly. I wanted to link knob in VST instrument to phisical knob in MIDI interface.
I understand it is not possible now in LMMS.
That's a pity :( especially that I noticed now that some other programs allow to do it.
And it seems it's not true for all VST. I've noticed that superwave allows to learn knobs from MIDI input
even beeing VST in LMMS.
The minor problem is that there are some default assigned after loading vst