Beat/bassline not independent

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I am just playing around with LMMS, trying to learn. The manual I have on my computer indicates that if you have more than one beat/bassline, there are indepndent, well not here, I put a clap in one and a bass drum in the other, both beat/basslines have both the clap and teh bass drum, if I delete the clap in bassline 0 it is also removed in bassline 1.
Any ideas what I am missing?
well the Beat&Bassline-editor (B&B) can be a litle confusing.
When you insert an instrument in the B&B it is globally available for all beatBassLines (BBL) -but at the same time it is exclusively played in any BBL that has notes in the instrument.
I will try to give you an example
in an empty project open the B&B
In the dropdown it says: "Beat/Bassline0"
That is the default BBL
It also has a default 3OC
Insert some notes in this 3OC.
Now open the song-editor
It has 4 default objects
The one we are interested in is the 3. "Beat/Bassline0"
right-click it
Name it '3ocTestBB'
open the B&B
your default BBL has now a new name!
Now the important stuff!
In the B&B you have 2 buttons
The first is the 'Add-beat-bassline'
Click it
3 things happens
1: in the song-editor a new object (Beat/Bassline1) was created
2: in the B&B the dropdown automatically changed from '3ocTestBB' to Beat/Bassline1
3: in the B&B the notes that you inserted in the default 3oc is gone! BUT!! the default 3oc instrument is still available!!
This is what is meant by independent notes but globally available!

If you now open the song-editor and drag a blue event-container for the BBL named '3ocTestBB', you will hear your notes, if you hit play in song-editor.
If you remove the blue event-container for the BBL named '3ocTestBB' and now drag a new blue event-container for the BBL named 'Beat/Bassline1', you will NOT hear your notes, if you hit play in song-editor.
Eg even though you have the same instrument in all your BBL, only notes inserted in the specific BBL will replay in the song-editor.
-so independent is dead on the money:p
btw -if you hit play in the B&B, you will only hear the notes belonging to the focused (name in dropdown) BBL.
Long post im afraid :D

Br.
Got it thanks, I am old and somewhat slow it's an old dog new tricks thing.