Presets in VST. Not visible

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello.
I've noticed strange behaviour. When loading some VST into LMMS I can't see the "module" which allows
to load presets with ready made sounds while normally those VST have such functionality (what can be seen in other hosts)
Do we have any remedy for it?
what vst are you trying to load - does it have a library?
-is it supported?
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Tested_VSTs
Hi.
Well. Not all of them are on the list.
Yes they have library but in contrast to what I see in youtube for instance as demonstration there is lack
of the place on the gui where I can switch between ready available sounds.
some vsts need to be installed with a special installer, that usually included in the zip-file you download. This is for instance the case of synth1.
What is the name of the vst that causes you problems? (and if its not on the list it may not work in lmms -btw)
For instance prodigious, osiris and few other free vst.
ahh.. now i think i know what you have seen.
Demos on myVST -right?
Take a new look at the demos. Notice that the interface that has all these lovely presets are identical from demo to demo and hence from vst to vst. What you see is The interface of Reason (~€500) that route intruments to the vst.
All the preset belongs to Reason, not the actual vst.

Br.
Hi,
Maybe you are right. I will look closer.
Some VST allow me to change between presets.
M.
Some VST allow me to change between presets.
oh yes! definately. -perhaps best example is Synth1, and there are 100+ of userbanks on the net that you can download. If yu do not have Synth1 in your VST colection, it is hereby recomended. DL from trustworthy location though.
Br.
Yes I have Synth1. I know it is nice plugin.
However I found many other VSTi worth to use. (althought they freeze LMMS very often ;(
But you kno what is difficult for me that you can not controll knobs using MIDI controller.
I found tutorial of commercial counterpart of LMMS in u2b and it seems that it is possible to have controll on it even thought directly in plugin is not possible to link to controller.
It is not easy but possible.
Marcin
Marcin -it looks like i gave you wrong information.
There are indeed enourmous presetbanks in several VSTs that LMMS is not able to show. I will now take this new info to toby, and i hope there will be a way to use inbuild banks in the future. in the meanwhile, 'hacks' will be the only way :/ -you may be intersted in reading this thread
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... ?f=7&t=403
Here this is discussed and i have also found a 'solution' for TALnoizemaker. Perhaps some of your VSTs problems can be bambusled :D the same way.

On midi controls - in the future.. perhaps.. maybee.. :)
several forks are working on this, but the major problem is perfomance. Signal transport is a cpu hog, and sofar the costs has been way to high -but *cross fingers*..

Br