Our introduction thread

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
181 posts
Hello guys,

I'm LordDwaas (Wouter) a 26 year old dude from the Netherlands. I've been playing guitar for over 15 years and i wanted to try some electronic music production, in the search of tools to do that i stumbled upon LMMS and have been using it for 3 weeks now in my spare time and i love it.

I'm not great at it yet, but i'll keep making beats and melody's till i get it :D
That's also the reason i joined the forums, in hope to learn from the guys here and also share some of my stuff to get some feedback.

So thanks for having me in this community, and let's make some nice music together :D

Yours truly,

LordDwaas
RL Name: Wouter
Hello guys and gals,

I'm Sercan who's studying software engineering in Estonia and doing game development. I have had LMMS for maybe months but never had the will and the power to properly start learning. But now I want to add a bit of music to my skills to be completely self sufficient for game dev. I have been playing guitar and keyboards for a while now at intermediate level and I believe I can manage to do it digitally as well.

Happy to be here!
Hi Everyone, my name's Mike. I am not new to music production due to my experience with Fruity Loops Studio & I decided to try to use LMMS, and I started downloading LMMS yesterday and I had a great experience with it (also ZynAddSubFX SOUNDS AWESOME).
Hi everybody!
My name is Leonardo and I am from Italy: this means being of course a former musician, because guitars are hidden behind every Italian corner.
Anyway, I now work as web marketing manager, so I don't have time for practicing with a band...and I know PCs and audio editing enough to get to meet LMMS and fall in love with it.
Just trying to learn how to write down the rock and blues songs I have never been able to play with someone else.
Pink Floyd discography above the desk.
Hello, everyone! My name's Morgan, but most people call me Morgie. I'm from Texas, and am currently living in Illinois. I have very little formal music training, although I was in school choirs for twelve years. I've always loved music, and composed my first, very simple piano song when I was about 10. I started composing digitally in High School, in 2004. I did so with MIDIs using the notation software Allegro until I discovered LMMS last year. I'm slowly learning to properly play the piano, and finally learning about real digital music production. I'm also an artist, writer, and gamer, so I'm just kind of a big creative geek. I love music from all over the world, and in many different genres. I especially love instrumental tracks that tell a story, and that's most of what I compose. I was really happy to find such robust music software that's not only free, but open source. I hope to build more skills and meet some other musicians!
Sup guys! This is Kalen, aka OceanDweller or Black Turtle. I'm 17 and a pretty normal high school student - I play video games, stay up late, watch anime, listen to music, submit essays just minutes before their deadline, etc. I grew up in a musical family and have always had a love of music, but my lack of manual dexterity (Yeah, I suck at video games. Still fun tho.) has always prevented me from playing the music that I love. I've probably spent a good 20% of my life next to a piano, however I was never the one sitting on the piano bench. When I first came across a simple beat sampler back in 2014, I was entranced with the thought that I too could "play" music. Fast forward to last summer, and I discover LMMS. I immediately downloaded the beta version - cuz heck, why not - and was flooded with the myriad of buttons and knobs inside. I'm still figuring most of them out - probably should have joined the forums earlier - but it's been one heck of an experience for me, and I'm thankful to LMMS for providing me this opportunity.
Hi All,
I am the developer of Audovia, a database application for making music using JFugue MusicStrings. My interest in LMMS is in processing the MIDI output from this system.
Hello, I am Noob_Maker. And the name suggests, I am a noob at making things. Specifically video games. The current game I am developing is called Projekt:RED (you can either pronounce it as proyekt red or as project red) which is essentially a game based off The Little Red Riding Hood by the Brothers of Grim but with a twist. The genre I'm going for it is comedy along with psychological horror I was originally making soundtracks for the game on Studio One 3 by Presonus before it stopped giving me playback. And that's why I'm here to make soundtracks for my game because my previous one broke down on me. It's a pleasure meeting you all.
Hello all. I've been a prolific air guitarist for decades. Now LMMS is giving me a new opportunity for musical expression. I sit and laugh at some of my creations and others stop me in my tracks.

My musical tastes are from Collective Soul, Joe Satriani, F777, ASURA, CBL, SolarFields, Stellardrone. My musical direction wants 2 paths (at least). One path is the ambient downtempo like CBL or Solarfields. The other path would follow a slightly more conventional musical expression influenced by everything I have ever listened to.

Be well
Hi I’m new to LMMS. Am a student of the Audio Engineering and it was there I got introduced to the resource. I searched the Internet last day for communities providing assistance on the platform and came in with this Forum.
I earned some money with the summer job I had with the bin rentals in Caledon who provided junk removal service. I happen to visit one of the sites for clearance and they had a whole set of vinyl collection which they wanted to dispose of as they got a digital copy of the whole set. Me being a good promoter of those sets, talked with the team and they were interested in providing the vinyls to me for a small rate. And I did a good arrangement and bought them home. My dad is loving the music from it now most nights and I am just happy that I was able to make that possible. My next project in mind is to try and digitalize them myself, of course with help from who are thorough on the procedure.
181 posts