Our introduction thread

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
181 posts
Hi all! I'm Oggesus, age 17. I'm newbie in music and lmms too (since 03/06/17). I'm Russian and follow anonymous/opensource/linux ideology. Lmms shares my ideas and style, so i choose exactly lmms.
With a time I faced with some problems, and now I want to solve it with your help. Thank you.
Hi, I am also new here, already asked for help :P 27 years old, french Canadian from Montréal, part time job which I hate, been going to school forever, trying many things, ending up getting bored of everything so I never really completed anything and now I am bored of school so I might have to work a boring and poorpiss paid job for the rest of my life and I feel depressed about it :cry: (I feel like I am presenting myself to an Alcoholics Anonymous group but about poor professional life :lol: ) I am a video game player and I recently felt perhaps I play too much video games and that I should do something more constructive of my free time so I decided to jump in something I enjoy, music. I also started to write a little tiny bit, started to read a little more, started 3D modeling, started video game creation via Unity and would like to start digital painting. I love art, but I suck at them. I wish one day I'll be decent enough to share to others what kind of world are hiding in my mind. I am a day dreamer.

Happy to join you, Hope you have a great day!
Icarusael wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:23 pm
... part time job which I hate, been going to school forever, trying many things, ending up getting bored of everything so I never really completed anything and now I am bored of school so I might have to work a boring and poorpiss paid job for the rest of my life and I feel depressed about it :cry:
Here's a good career advice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVdiHu1VCc

A hint for the future. Don't become a driver. Cab or truck, it's the same. Automation will take over.
There will always be a need for plumbers though... :D
Hey guys and gals,
I am completely new to creating beats in LMMS and relatively new to making music in general. I am from Germany, 26 years old and found out about this tool when I was searching for some Drum Machines in Ubuntu.

At this point I am still finding my way in LMMS and slowly gain some knowledge about the tool and the creation of beats itself. It is really funny to do so and I am surprised how fast something "good" comes out of the little time of usage of LMMS. I still want and have to learn a lot about this tool, but creating beats could become a nice hobby of mine.

Thanks for welcoming me to this forum and also already helping me out on some problems I faced!
Hi!
NicKey wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 am
I was searching for some Drum Machines in Ubuntu.
What version are you using? There are some old versions in Ubuntu repos last time I checked.
hello i am disciples of yehovah god.
sorry i am handicaped my stop written
zonkmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am
Hi!
NicKey wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 am
I was searching for some Drum Machines in Ubuntu.
What version are you using? There are some old versions in Ubuntu repos last time I checked.
I use 1.1.3 at the moment
Hello, I'm known on the internet as Avarthar, I'm not sharing my real name so much because I don't trust three quarter of the internet ^^'. I'm a young developer born in 1997 on the 19th of November and I'm planning on doing a lot of things such as Short-Films, Musics, Games, Movies and so on (Basically pretty much anything.)

After learning C++ and a bit of Unreal Engine, I've always wanted to make games with the knowledge I had about musics and such as well as make short-films and movies (Primarily movies I think, I'm not yet decided which one is most tempting for me ^^').

Anyway, here's my little introduction post.
Hopefully I get to be known a little bit more over time to most of you fine persons and I hope to maybe help on lmms development someday maybe. (I might look up the code and try implementing a few things as soon I get used to the code as well as the libraries and get it to compile :P)
Some ppl know me (Etorna_Z, Douglas), But I'll introduce myself fer the new guys.
My name is GingkathFox (Pronounced "Jeenka-th-fox"), My age is private, I go under my main OC's (Original Character) name (Gingka Akiyama), and I am a programmer in JavaScript, and I am learning Swift, C++, and Python.
I am working on a RC plane made from a car, and if ya wanna collab, PM me on my SoundCloud (Link in my signature)!
I use LMMS (on PC) and GarageBand (on iOS).
If ya wanna see what music projects I'm working on, look at my SC description!
And if ya have any questions, you can PM me, and I'll try to help!
That's about it!
Hello everyone, my name is Adrian, I discovered LMMS in october 2017 or so, I know 0 of musical theory but I like the program and messing around. Im trying to do instrumental rap at this moment.
181 posts