Our introduction thread

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
181 posts
s3mp1t3rno wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 am
Hello everyone, my name is Adrian, I discovered LMMS in october 2017 or so, I know 0 of musical theory but I like the program and messing around. Im trying to do instrumental rap at this moment.
kk, let us know when u finish it!
Hi All.

The Name is Mr.ThraZ,
i like to make hip-hop music and visuals
using open source tools.

been watching the development of LMMS
since 2007 or so.

now its gotten good, good enough for me to leave flstudio
and stop futzzing with wine folders.

thank you for this great tool.
Hi guys and gals, my name is Abhimanyu, I am from Gurgaon, India.
My soundcloud link - https://www.soundcloud.com/akashyap
I have been learning to make music from the past 6-7 years or so, on and off, as I've been doing other things like 3d modelling, website making and more.
I make mostly trance music, but I have experimented with big room as well, I know how to play rhythm guitar and sing along with it, also little bit of leads in between, and will soon start including my guitaring in my songs, also make rock songs later on as I have listened to rock for many years since childhood, after which I switched to trance.
I know chords and scales (major, minor, pentatonic) , have to study more scales.
I will still continue doing everything and keep posting my music as well.
Recently I got a lot better at music after learning proper sidechaining, eqing and adding sub bass and more.
Hi LMMS Community,

My name is Adrian. I didn't properly introduce myself in my first post as I literally went straight to the question I had. Lol.

My music background is simply this:
1. Metal head dad(Black Sabbath, Slayer etc.) Goth mother(Die Form, Switchblade Symphony etc.)
2. I became KoRn fan boy, influenced my guitar playing/heavy distortion style
3. High school days, formed KoRn cover band.
4. Dad had huge selection of music other than metal; expanding my taste
5. I learned how much I love dancing
6. I loved music that makes you want to dance
7. After high school, band chose to stop doing covers and make own group material.
8. Left metal band(my best friend guitarist and myself were the only ones working, studio rehearsals were expensive, and the rest of the members kept stopping to play video games)
9. Started writing own material, and enjoyed my own material, allowed me to explore new areas, and increase my technical knowledge on music set ups etc.
10. Stopped writing metal material, instead went back to really old material I was trying to introduce to the band that they didn't like
11. Turned that old metal material into music to dance to at clubs(which I'm still trying to figure out the genre for though).
12. Googled programs similar to Guitar Pro. (Which ultimately led me to LMMS)
13. Transferring my material from Guitar Pro to LMMS
14. Introducing myself into LMMS Community. Glad to meet you all. (^_^)
Exoduth wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:28 pm
Glad to meet you all. (^_^)
15. You are welcome on the forum son of metal head dad and goth mother 8-)
Hi! I'm an open source enthusiast. I started by using GNU/Linux (Ubuntu at the time) 13 years ago and now I'm still using it (Debian, Trisquel...).
I'm also very interested in projects like ReactOs and Haiku.

I like a lot of different music genres (ska, reggae, post-hardcore, drum and bass,...) and I started producing electronic music using Ableton Live.
I finally discovered some open source alternatives like Ardour and LMMS and that's why I'm here.
I recently released my first work with LMMS (you can find it here https://youtu.be/tG_4Pa18vWs) and doing my best to learning it as much as possible.
Limão wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:29 pm
Hi! I'm an open source enthusiast. I started by using GNU/Linux (Ubuntu at the time) 13 years ago and now I'm still using it (Debian, Trisquel...).
I'm also very interested in projects like ReactOs and Haiku.

I like a lot of different music genres (ska, reggae, post-hardcore, drum and bass,...) and I started producing electronic music using Ableton Live.
I finally discovered some open source alternatives like Ardour and LMMS and that's why I'm here.
I recently released my first work with LMMS (you can find it here https://youtu.be/tG_4Pa18vWs) and doing my best to learning it as much as possible.
Hy! You can do a lot of things with LMMS, but you will be much more limited than with Live. Anyway, you're welcome!
Hello everybody, I'm from Turin (Italy) and I'm a newbie and just started using a DAW for the very first time :)
I play bass in a math/noise duo, I needed something to work at home when we can't practice together, and also to produce harsh industrial sounds to use with our loop station, so here I am! :D
Hi, nice to meet everyone!

This is my first time messing around with a music software like this. I want to hopefully create some cheerful music for a visual novel I'm working on. :P So far so good! I haven't finished anything yet, but I've only been messing around with it for a day and I assume creating a good piece can take some time, especially for those who are new to both music creation and the software.

I'm having a lot of fun though, it's all very exciting! (probably because I'm new to it hahaha)
help how do i make my own new thread
181 posts