Our introduction thread

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
181 posts
Hey, guys...
Haven't dabbled in MIDI stuff in more than 10yrs, or so.

Bought a New Roland Juno-DS88, a year or two ago, and just been playing privately.
Then, bought a New Roland Axe-Edge 66 Keytar, recently, and shortly after decided I wanted to start doing some recording.

Practically been writing a 10-track album, which I just play from Memory, for the last year, or so, but is getting to the point where I really need to get some of these ideas recorded, and saved.
Bought this cheap PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 MIDI device from Guitar Center, and had a terrible time getting everything to work properly, before I bought some cheap VSTs, and fount-out that Studio One 4 Artist won't let you use your own VSTs! xD

Glad to have found LMMS, as an alternative.
Took me all day to get it to a stable point, but I am now finally ready to start laying down some ideas.

Still working on Latency, but pretty close to where I wanna be.
Looking forward to learning more, and thanks for having me! :)

Ivan
-
Hey guys! My name is Rainers, but you can call me Reiko, Raiko, or whatever... but i started LMMS about a month ago, and i am mostly self taught, and have created 1 song, which for me sounds pretty dope!
Hello, I started lmms and music around the begining of the year, after discovering two music genre I loved at first hearing : speedcore and extratone. I have always loved listening to music, but I also always thought I would never do some myself, and here I am now, after a few lmms projects (speedcore, extratone, noise and some attempts at deathstep)...
Been saturated in electronic music since the 1970s - tangerine dream, can, faust - thru the 80s-90s-00s-0x - acid, house, trance, ambient - djs, warp, aphex - most recently the amazing jon hopkins (my forum name is a tribute to jon).
never been a musician, got no musical skills, but love electronic music with a passion; and recently realised that with a laptop & a midi kbd controller I can try to do something myself ... just turned 60 tho so not too much time left.
interested in trying droney stuff using found sounds recorded on my phone as samples.
we'll see.
lmms on linux + arturia minilab mk II.
maybe run up a copy of Windows too for Analog Lab & Ableton Lite that Arturia give you ... absolute wreck of a pain trying to get those running in Wine/POL so gave up. Ugh

see ya
Hi everyone,

I am 33 yo, seafarer. Currently on board vessel with my mobile studio consisting of laptop and midiplus x3 midi controller. I have elementary musical school for clarinet, finished it as a kid. Can read notes. My hobby is music, I play keyboards and guitar for fun. Coming from metal music background mostly, but like to experiment with electronic music recently. I also like classical and flamenco guitar. LMMS is one of the best discoveries on internet :)

Best regards!
Welcome.

Its not entirely impossible to do hard rock with LMMS.
Not made by me though

https://soundcloud.com/musikbear/rockpatn
KARTIDA wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:26 pm
tmac wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 am
Hi all,
I'm new to LMMS. & music. the last 1-2weeks.
found out about these forums tonight & learned how to do a few things i was curious about, sine i started on here, thanks to a post or 2 on here with video tut's. so thanks for those! I feel i'm now gone from complete novice to a cross between novice & intermediate - i just have to get to know all the sounds & how they go together, so i can create some good, music sores & complex music, of various sorts.
I'm finding this is good to muck around with after work, or when feeling down, or stressed, to help relax and destress. hopefully it can become more in the future.
it's so good, i can't believe something so free, can do sooo much! it's good when u want to try new stuff, but don't have the money for the fancy expensive stuff. I tried several other (free / free trial) programs, but this is the best yet!
Thanks IMMS! you creators rock!
& Thanks to those who make the video tut's!
If you as new user, like to introduce yourself to the community, this is the right place!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum KARTIDA !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

-And thank you for your kind words. It great that you like LMMS!
Welcome.
Hello Guys, I am new here and want some help.
heenathakur wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:21 am
Hello Guys,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum heenathakur !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I am new here and want some help.
Please open a new post in 'Support'
The better you explain you problem, the better we can assist you.
181 posts