Alright, so I was thinking about sampling theory and LMMS today when I was trying to export a song.

I find that when I export songs at a higher sampling rate than the default some instruments get screwed up (the ones with weird effects chains). I did some research on this before and my guess was that this was due to the sampling rate of the default and the preview in LMMS being below the Nyquist rate for the frequencies these instruments were generating.

Earlier today though I tried it again and I noticed that some of my instruments (the ones without a load of effects) sounded normal but just fuller and better.

So I was wondering, would it be better to export the normal instruments at the higher sampling rate and then export the other instruments with the weird effects chains at the lower sampling rate then mix the two together to get a better sound?

Does anyone know how other DAWs handle thing? Either making their preview a really high sampling rate or exporting different tracks at different sampling rates?