How to add VST to a "Instrument Plugins"?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
The question is: How do I add a plugin (a dll, for an example a TranceDrive) under "Instrument Plugins" panel on the left side of the program window (where you can find AudioFileProcessor, BitInvader, FreeBoy, etc.)?

That is, I don't want to open VeSTige every time and load a dll, I want to have my plugin on the left panel so I can just drop it onto my track!
There's nothing stopping you loading the VST into Vestige once and saving it as a preset. Then you can drop it onto a track from the My Presets left hand panel. I do that with a few of the VSTs I use most often.

I don't know any way to get it in the actual Instrument Plugin panel.

Steve

you can just drag n drop your vst pugin file
from File explorer tab,
or from Home tab - if you put your vst instrements to user Home folder

Re:

vaultboy wrote:you can just drag n drop your vst pugin file
from File explorer tab,
or from Home tab - if you put your vst instrements to user Home folder
This is exactly what I don't want to do - million clicks before I reach a plugin's dll. If at least home tab could be changed to some arbitrary location, but from what I see, it can not be. Then again, even if it would be possible, it is still a problem with locating the dll (which may have different name from the plugin etc., since I have lots of plugins and don't remember where dll are installed and so forth).
slipstick wrote:There's nothing stopping you loading the VST into Vestige once and saving it as a preset. Then you can drop it onto a track from the My Presets left hand panel. I do that with a few of the VSTs I use most often.

I don't know any way to get it in the actual Instrument Plugin panel.

Steve
This sounds like a good idea - can you tell me how to do it exactly? I've been trying to save it as a preset and putting it into lmms/presets, but it won't open like other presets.
Exactly ? Load instance of Vestige, load VST into it then use the "Save current instrument track settings in a preset file" button at top of window. Save it in lmms/presets/vestige with as VSTname.xpf (or whatever you will remember it as). It then turns up in My Presets list under Vestige and you load it like any other preset using "Send to active track" or "Open in new instrument track".

Which bit of that isn't working for you ?

Steve
Yes it works now, of course. My problem was that I was saving with the button bellow that one (on your screenshot, in the bottom-right corner, there is another "Save preset" button). That one saves preset as ".fxp" file and not ".xpf", so when I put it under "My presets" it did not open of course.

Anyway, problem solved, thanks :)