The Coolness of Delay Lama Vst

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Has anyone here ever used Delay Lama in their music projects?
I was just playing with it again and I must say, it is so cool and so much fun. :mrgreen:
This darn thing is a joy to use. Lol!

I'm listening to Baba's soundtrack, in Nintendo's famous F Zero FX racing game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpbBfMGZGp8
And to me, it seems so obvious, that after listening to the vocals in the music track, that that is Delay Lama being used in it.
If so, I must say, they really used it perfectly for this game track. :)

It's been giving me ideas since Monday.
I think I'll try and use it for one of my tracks, in the not too distant future. 8-)
I've used it a couple of times to add "interesting" harmonies to various tracks. If you go too extreme you can make some horrible noises but used with care...it appeals to my sense of the unusual.

Steve
slipstick wrote:If you go too extreme you can make some horrible noises but used with care
Yeah. I've noticed that too.
slipstick wrote:it appeals to my sense of the unusual.
Same here.
I think that's what makes it so special.
This song I found on AudioNerdz is so cool, yet relaxing. 8-)
http://www.audionerdz.nl/mp3/Monk_eteram.mp3

That 3d Vst monk, never ceases to amaze me. 8-)
Okay. It's Official.
I'm gonna try and test out Delay Lama in a melody and see what I'll come up with.
I'll post my findings here.
Wish me luck dudes. 8-)
Okay.
I was just testing Delay Lama with one of Lmms' internal Pitchshifter plugins.
Got some semi interesting results.
Nothing to fancy, but he does seem to change the way he pronounces some vocals.

It seems that when I click on the wrench on the Vestige plugin, it opens a basic gui that I can automate.
This gives me an idea.

I also noticed, that if I drag my cursor a bit in all directions, all over the Sun picture, at the center of the interface. He makes some really cool vocals.
It's like he going from one vocal vowel, smoothly/immediately into the next, uninterrrupted. :o
I wonder how to automate that in Lmms? :geek:
I don't see any button for controlling that sun picture. Or is there?
I guess I'll have to experiment some more and see.

So far, this is pretty fun.
brandystarbrite wrote:This song I found on AudioNerdz is so cool, yet relaxing. 8-)
http://www.audionerdz.nl/mp3/Monk_eteram.mp3

That 3d Vst monk, never ceases to amaze me. 8-)
Okay. I think I'm going to make a track, similar in style to this eteram track.

I remember, back in the late 80's, some martial arts action films, had music similar to this, either within the film, when the Hero, was either meditating, or, on a journey to some asian country,
with a sunset sea background.
Or, during when the end credits roll. 8-)
Well, for me the sound of this VST is just so low quality I wouldn't put it in a track. It just sounds irritating to the ears. If the quality were higher, it would be useful, even very useful. The idea is very good, but the quality is not. Just my opinion.
brandystarbrite wrote:I also noticed, that if I drag my cursor a bit in all directions, all over the Sun picture, at the center of the interface. He makes some really cool vocals.
It's like he going from one vocal vowel, smoothly/immediately into the next, uninterrrupted. :o
I wonder how to automate that in Lmms? :geek:
I don't see any button for controlling that sun picture. Or is there?
In the LMMS automatable controls "Vowel" (2nd knob) controls the vertical axis in the "Sun picture". I can't find anything to control the horizontal but the combination of "Vowel" and "Headsize" (4th knob) can make some interesting noises, sweeping from eeehs to ooohs to aaahs.

As you say it's good fun to play with. It'll never sound like a real singer but then it's not intended to. I don't really see how the sounds can be "too low quality" as betalord thinks, because they simply are what they are. I'm not sure I'm ever going to use it as a lead vocal but in the background it can add real interest ;).

Steve
slipstick wrote: but the combination of "Vowel" and "Headsize" (4th knob) can make some interesting noises, sweeping from eeehs to ooohs to aaahs.
Steve
You are right on that. :geek:
And after some ridiculous indepth testing, I noticed that after playing with both of those knobs, some of these
sweeping vocal sounds I randomly made, sounded very similar, to if I dragged my cursor across the Sun picture.

This time, I'm going to try and automate both knobs and see what happens from there. 8-)