Any female producers/aspiring producers/hobbyists out there?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi,
Maybe it's a stupid question but are there any females on this forum?
I would like to get in touch as I have never met any other girl using DAW. My musical friends were playing instruments: violin, piano, or they were singing - but usually, they did not like electronic music, not to mention using any form of DAW.
As I am struggling to find any other girls who produce music and groups like 'female producers' on Facebook are totally dead I am curious maybe here are you hiding?
I wrote on another forum too but no one is responding...
Or maybe it's like with my friend who had a band but she told me that she 'grew out of making music' and has focused on career and making babies...well. I think you can do both and it was really stupid what she said.
Maybe if you are not a female producer, do you know any in the real life? Someone, I can contact? They don't have to do music in LMMS.
Cheers,
Agnes
Indeed, females are a minority in the field. Does it affect you?
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:13 pm
Indeed, females are a minority in the field. Does it affect you?
Not really with making electronic music. There are fora and tutorials. So, I don't need anyone in this aspect.
But when I was looking for girls to make a band in my high school - definitely, there was a problem.
There are some collabs like Discwoman or Siren and in the future, I would like to meet other musicians to create collective like that or an electronic act playing live.
Also, I was just curious, more from social reasons. As I feel a bit like a weirdo among 'normal' females when I say to them that I spend all my free time making 'weird' sounds. It's just this blabla 'I don't have any bffs who have the same hobby as me' talk.

Eh, this topic is hopeless. On the other forum, people told me that I am the just creepy guy who pretends to be a girl lol....
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 pm
Also, I was just curious, more from social reasons. As I feel a bit like a weirdo among 'normal' females when I say to them that I spend all my free time making 'weird' sounds. It's just this blabla 'I don't have any bffs who have the same hobby as me' talk.

Eh, this topic is hopeless. On the other forum, people told me that I am the just creepy guy who pretends to be a girl lol....
You're welcome! (... maybe a butch ...) :P
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:20 pm
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 pm

You're welcome! (... maybe a butch ...) :P
Lol, anyway, internet it's a weird place and electronic music scene is much weirder. I've thought for so long that Fatima Yamaha is a female producer and she happened to be a guy. I had similar types of situations with some other artists I don't remember now. It doesn't really matter on the internet. I can be a lobster, I can be a dog.
Have you ever tried to approach and integrate an existing female collective?
It may be easier to start from something that already exists.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm
I am onto something, from time to time Siren is organising workshops in London for some beginners (DJs this year). Maybe next year there will be something relevant too. But generally, it's a good idea to integrate in reality when I will learn more to work with other software.
PPNDP wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:05 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
I am onto something, from time to time Siren is organising workshops in London for some beginners (DJs this year). Maybe next year there will be something relevant too. But generally, it's a good idea to integrate in reality when I will learn more to work with other software.
During these workshops you can meet the future members of the collective, whether among the staff or among the participants.

As someone told me today, "If the mountain does not come to you, then go to the mountain" :lol:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 pm
PPNDP wrote:
D.Ipsum wrote:
During these workshops you can meet the future members of the collective, whether among the staff or among the participants.

As someone told me today, "If the mountain does not come to you, then go to the mountain" :lol:
I hope so. Hope is always good.
Have you taken part in any music workshops in the past?
I took once, but it was when I played the bass guitar. And it was more like a 'free impro' workshops in Poland. Was super cool. But they are also rare. And I took part in it with my friends so I wasn't totally alone. Now, new times, new country....
PPNDP wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:18 am
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 pm
PPNDP wrote:

I hope so. Hope is always good.
Have you taken part in any music workshops in the past?
I took once, but it was when I played the bass guitar. And it was more like a 'free impro' workshops in Poland. Was super cool. But they are also rare. And I took part in it with my friends so I wasn't totally alone. Now, new times, new country....
I had the opportunity to play guitar, djembe and try other instruments with strangers in different places (parks, trains, beach, mountain, street, squat), but it was not music workshops, it was more informal.