Tips/Tutorial on EQing Dubstep track?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hey Everybody,

I've been using LMMS for almost half a year now. And at this point, I'm trying to create a dubstep track.
I was wondering if someone could please help me learn how to EQ a dubstep track in LMMS.
At the very least, could someone please point me in the right direction (maybe some tips or a tutorial)?

Thank you so much for your help!

h0yaman
I'm also just beginning here, but I do it like this:

-Open the FX mixer, click on the master channel and add an effect "Spectrum Analyzer". Click on "Controls" and then right-click on the new window and make it stay on top.
-Put each instrument on it's own FX channel, and on each put the effect "10 band EQ" (typing "eq" in search bar, first hit)
-Click on "Controls", and now you have a window with lots of knobs.
These knobs represent the amount of amplification of each frequency range. Now you usually want to make sure that an instrument of one range (say the sub-bass) doesn't have /any/ influence above 60-80 hertz, so you can completely disable anything over 100 hertz. Same for other objects.

If you want to cut instruments at a specific frequency, the best is usually a low- or highpass with that cutoff frequency.

Hope this somehow helps you.
Hey orpheon7,

I haven't been on this forum for a while. So, I just saw your reply now.

Thank you so much! This is awesome advice, and I'm putting it to good use right now.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
h0yaman