Please help w/ VST Problem in LMMS

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hey,

I recently started using the free frequency modulating software synthesizer, GTG FM4 in LMMS.
The problem is: Sometimes it works fine, and other times the daw can't open it at all.

The error message that shows up reads: "The VST-plugin C:/Documents and Settings/Owner.HOYAPC/Desktop/LMMS/plugins/GTG FM4.dll could not be loaded for some reason. If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!"

Please help me figure out how to make the daw able to open the vst consistently every time I use it.

Thank you!

h0yaman

**EDIT: I now also realize that the vst can be opened when I am working in a brand new project file. Once I save the project, close it, and reopen it, the vst won't open anymore... [Yet even this result varies (i.e. sometimes the vst will still open randomly)]
BTW, I'm using Vestige to open the vst.**
help me figure out how to make the daw able to open the vst consistently every time I use it.
wish i could - i cant.
Even though lmms is reasonably stable there is still issues.
One is loading of projects with vst's
There is no sure method to load projects with vst's, but one thing though -Make sure your pc is not occupied with some 'other' simultainous task. If you monitor the load process, you will see some nifty spikes, and the more 'buisy' your cpu is at load-time, the more risc of hangs.
-So close everything before you load your project.
(You should btw also read my thread about crashing when vsts banks is used )
- and some vsts just dont work on lmms -some even harm the program -see yesterdays threads :/

Br.
Thank you so much! Because of your answer, I figured out how I can make my VST work.
All I have to do is open LMMS normally (without opening a previously saved project).
Once the CPU spikes and then drops back down to a lower level, I can then open my project containing the problematic VST without any problems.

If anyone else is having this problem, try this:
1.) Open LMMS software
2.) Monitor your cpu levels, and wait for it to "normalize"
3.) Then (in LMMS) go to "Open", find your project, and open it.

This has been working for me so far. If I have any more problems with this, I'll continue to add them to this tread. But for now, the problem seems to be fixed.

Thank you! :D

h0yaman
OH!!
you have been battleling with associated project opening! That has never worked!
To cleariry for others that read this topic, or has similar problems:
You can not open a lmms project by double-clicking it in the windows-explorer. It will not load corectly. I once wrote it in the wiki, btw, but ..i think long gone to edit-land :/