Piano Roll Overlay?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Is there a way to overlay one piano roll over another to see how another track is laid out, and follow along?

For example, if I have a track and want to create one thats augments its empty or low spots, is there a way to see both in the same space or do I just have to sort of guess?

Thanks
If I understand your question correctly, that feature is not in Lmms yet.
You can only view one piano roll at a time. :P

Also, welcome to the Lmms Forums tkmonkey. :)
Ah that's a shame. Thanks for the reply and the welcome.
tkmonkey wrote:Ah that's a shame. Thanks for the reply and the welcome.
No probs. 8-)
tkmonkey wrote:Thanks for the reply and the welcome.
Heres is more of thAT welcome stuf :p
Welcome to the forum tkmonkey! Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740

No LMMS does not yet have that feature. It is a known 'weakness' so to all of you, please do not create a ticket in 'Suggestions' :)

However!
you can do something a bit similar.
In the piano-roll you would like to read from: right click a used note.
You get a context-menu, and here you select mark/unmark current semitone
That will make a shading on the semitone, in all piano-rolls, and you can then see which note you used in the 'read-from' part of your song. You just can see the position of the actual notes.
Hello,

I've highlighted the line but I don't understand the other part: "you can then see which note you used in the 'read-from' part of your song.". What is this "read-from" ?

Seeing different parts as different layers would be awesome, but meanwhile, being able to open several piano rolls (so you can compare them side by side) would help for harmonising parts. At the moment I take a screenshot of a part and then I compare it with another.
garvalf wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:45 pm
What is this "read-from" ?
I mean the piano-roll that you already have notes in, those notes can be marked one by one, and those markings will be present in all other piano-rolls, also new empty ones, so you can 'read'/see which notes you already have inside the piece, but you cant see the posistions
At the moment I take a screenshot of a part and then I compare it with another.
:p I have done that too
musikbear wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 pm
I mean the piano-roll that you already have notes in, those notes can be marked one by one, and those markings will be present in all other piano-rolls, also new empty ones, so you can 'read'/see which notes you already have inside the piece, but you cant see the posistions
ah ok, I understand better, yes, if you select several notes. It can be useful for marking a tonality, but when I'm working on something, I especially have problems with rythms.
garvalf wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 pm
when I'm working on something, I especially have problems with rythms.
Then perhaps this method can be of interest:
https://youtu.be/1LN9jivwRhs
thank you, I'll have a look. I mean I'm quite visual so I like to see all the tracks together at the same time (like in a tracker or on musical staff)