Several suggestions

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Good work with LMMS so far. However there are a few features that imo could be added without breaking the mantra of "simplicity over functionality":
  • Add audio in for recording and in conjunction with MIDI out for external synths
This is the only major feature that is really missing here. It means that if you want to work with any kind of real instruments, you have to go through the hassle of recording it with an external tool and then importing as a sample. That is inconvenient and unflexible. Please add a sample recording function and a realtime MIDI out/Audio in system.
  • Allow adding VSTs to the instrument rack without explicitly using VeSTige
I might be wrong about this, but so far I haven't been able to add really anything to the "Instrument plugins". VST support seems to be reasonable when using VeSTige, so it seems like a logical next step to allow VSTs to be added to the instrument rack. They can still use VeSTige as a backend, but it would be more convient if one were able to pick them from the instrument rack, rather than having to keep track of them on the file system and loading them by hand.
  • Fix this bug
viewtopic.php?t=1506

This bug makes ZynAddSubFX pretty useless/hard to use. There is no known reliable workaround for Linux systems. Though this is a bug in ZASFX, they said that you would need to first use the most current version of it in LMMS before they will try to fix it, so please do.

I really like the interface and workflow of LMMS, but these points still make it cumbersome to use. It's hard to use external synths, so I want to use VSTs, which are also somewhat cumbersome to use and not quite what I want, so I want to use ZASFX which is partially broken. Eeh.
Mugen wrote:Good work with LMMS so far.
Welcome to the forum Mugen! First, For you, all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for posting and using the right sub-forum :)

As you can see your post was moved from suggestions to general. All of the above is known issues, and will be taken care of. Suggestions are really only for new stuff. :)
These suggestions are good.
Add audio in for recording and in conjunction with MIDI out for external synths
Won't come any time soon, but is part of a larger initiative that is partially being tracked here: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1471. There are tools which can be used to create soundfonts, etc. If you want serious sample assignment, you may consider a VST plugin or using a 3rd party tool for that. Sorry, this is just a larger undertaking.
Allow adding VSTs to the instrument rack without explicitly using VeSTige
You can do this as of LMMS 1.1, just drag the DLL into the Song Editor.
pick [VSTs] from the instrument rack, rather than having to keep track of them on the file system and loading them by hand.
Somewhat related to this poorly written bug report: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1729

We've discussed this before and our instrument chooser is in need of improvement and this could be a good addition. The concept of treating instrument plugins as instruments isn't foreign to the devs, just a matter of prioritizing things. Feel free to open a new bug report on this. Please be as specific as possible.

Fix this [Zyn] bug viewtopic.php?t=1506
That will be fixed with the upgrade to Zyn 2.5 which unfortunately won't happen any time soon (it won't make the cut for the 1.2 release, sorry!). If you have another idea on how to fix it, please let a developer know.