How do I start?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Completely. I know nothing about this terminology. About music-making in general. So how do I start? Can somebody point me to some tutorial or something of the sort?
Hi,
Go to the LMMS home page. You find everything there. Look under the heading of documentation.
There you will find LMMS Wiki.
Regards
Petetech
bleevlee wrote:Completely. I know nothing about this terminology. About music-making in general. So how do I start? Can somebody point me to some tutorial or something of the sort?
With a base drum?
No really. This is an impossible question to answer as, depending on who you are, it can take you from one month till forever(never) to get into writing hit songs. There is also endless opportunities to dive into various subjects like sound synthesis, electronics, acoustics or plain old song writing.
To get started with lmms though, you can search youtube for some live examples.

Good luck! 8-)
open the projects in the folder(s) 'Tutorials & Demos
Study the projects.
Find out what the different instruments does and what the notes are used
Experiment with the presets
try different presets, change the one that are used.

On the subject of music-theory, you can find a LOT if you search google for 'free music lessons'
8notes http://www.8notes.com/
is a good place to start.

..and ofcause the lmms-wiki for basic LMMS knowlegde
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Br.
Thanks!
New question: How do I add an instrument through some other medium than audiofilesprocessor and stuff like that so I can make it not sound modulated off that single note? Is there some way to stick every individual note for every individual pitch in, or whatever? Hard to understand, but I hope you can help.
bleevlee wrote:...so I can make it not sound modulated off that single note?
Right click the track and choose "Open in piano-roll".
I mean that when I stick in a pitch of an instrument into AudioFilesProcessor all of the notes in the piano roll become louder when higher and softer when lower and don't sound authentic, just modulated off that original pitch. I'm asking if there's any way to make an instrument with all the individual pitches put in.
Sampled sounds that sound authentic are sampled more than once. Like if you want to make a grand piano sound like a grand piano you sample it once every three keys or so. You need another sample player and format. In LMMS you go for the sf2 soundfont player. I don't know of any good source of .sf2 files though.
Yeah, but if I sample it every three keys, how can I stick all those samples together to create a single instrument?