SoundCloud groups are gone, what now?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Personally, I like the idea of using Reddit or Facebook. In the case of Facebook, I could prep a facebook page specifically for the artists. If the moderators of the forums would like to have administrative access to that page, obviously I'd give it over to them.
Lmms user davisjacobym made this topic.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5689&p=20747#p20747
He came up with this idea. Check it out guys. :D
Hey dudes. I was just checking out a site called mixcloud.
I know, the name sounds similar to soundcloud. Lol! :P :mrgreen:
They have groups, but I don't know, if it is similar to soundcloud groups. :geek:
However, the catch is, you can't download stuff. And apparently, that was done to prevent piracy. :P
Pretty interesting site. I'm going to learn more about it.
gdd71 wrote:Removing groups in soudcloud is very nasty and vile decision on their part... no play, no activity, no nothing.
I already totally lost interest.
If you find and decide what is the new good alternative, please announce here.
best regards :)
Yeah. It was really strange of them to remove groups. Such an odd decision.
That's why some users turned to, Lmms user davisjacobym.

Mixcloud seems to be another nice option, but I don't know much about it.
So I'm doing some research on it, to find out more about it. The more options the better. :)
But In my belief, one solid trustworthy music uploading site, without a hidden catch, is sometimes better than many.
brandystarbrite wrote:
gdd71 wrote:Removing groups..
Yeah. It was really strange of them to remove groups. Such an odd decision.
That's why some users turned to, Lmms user davisjacobym.

Mixcloud seems to be another nice option, but I don't know much about it.
So I'm doing some research on it, to find out more about it. The more options the better. :)
But In my belief, one solid trustworthy music uploading site, without a hidden catch, is sometimes better than many.
Thanks for the best answer.
In place of the groups in soundcloud appeared button "Station" - automatically generated.
This gave me the answer to the question "what is the reason ?"..
When you decide what would it be I am with you :)
best regards :)
https://discord.gg/5kSc32Z

The LMMS Discord server has recently expanded. There are channels for sharing projects, production help, LMMS suggestions, and LMMS support.
caLRo wrote:https://discord.gg/5kSc32Z

The LMMS Discord server has recently expanded. There are channels for sharing projects, production help, LMMS suggestions, and LMMS support.
However, there is the downside of Discord not being as widely known by average joes...
davisjacobym wrote:
caLRo wrote:https://discord.gg/5kSc32Z

However, there is the downside of Discord not being as widely known by average joes...
LMMS Discord is more suitable for things (strictly) related to LMMS, and for building a tight LMMS community. It's not really about exposure and promotion of artists and their music outside of the LMMS community. It's more like an alternative to these forums.