Patman! Do you use that plugin? 7 days Poll !

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!

Patman! Do you use that plugin?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:29 am

I have never used it.
36%
I have tried it, but dont like it
29%
I use it sometimes, but wont miss it
No votes
I use it often
7%
I use it in every project
No votes
I love it
29%

Patman has an issue, and that mean research and dev time will go into solving this issue. I would like to know how important Patman is.
So in this 7 days poll Please respond and mark your usage of the Patman instrument-plugin
To be more specific: on a scale from 1-100 of how important Patman is to me, I say 1.
I mainly use triple oscillator and zyn. Patman was never important for me. I never used it and won't use it. The other instruments like Monstro and such don't play a role in my projects.
This ia a response to the window minimization poll, right? There's just one big difference: possibly removing that feature won't break existing projects, while removing Patman definitely would. Besides, Patman isn't going to be removed just because it has a glitch.
I tried it twice or three times, don't use it. In comparison to other plugins its less attractive.
If an existing feature is rarely used, it means its issues takes less priority.
Since removing patman will break some projects, while having it will not harm users who don't use it, it's simply illogical to remove it.

I happen to use patman in some cases, because it's the only "soundfont-ish" plugin with envelopes available on the ENV/LFO tab.
grejppi wrote:This ia a response to the window minimization poll, right?
:p No, its a survey to discover how important users feel about Patman.
Patman isn't going to be removed just because it has a glitch.
Its not just about the glitch, its really about usage. If noone liked it, then it could be rather elegantly changed to SF, but already 2 peeps has indicated that they love the plugin. Its a surprise, but if these users has bought highend patches, then its a complete different ballgame
DeRobyJ wrote:Since removing patman will break some projects,
This is the second time I've heard something like this when it comes to removing a feature. It's not as if the file won't load and your computer utters a sigh and dies every time you load it. Any coder worth two cents would add an exception routine. and the tracks using PatMan would just be silent/nonexistent, or (if someone was feeling brave) loaded with a different synth with a similar sound.
Now that I've got my rant out of the way, I actually do use PatMan fairly often, (mainly for Piano), because it's consistent and sort of sounds chromatically sampled, (unlike some of the SoundFonts I've encountered that sound disgusting in the outer octaves). You also have envelope customizability, which you do not get with the soundfont player; so for me, it's actually for useful than SoundFonts sometimes.
mrlmmsguy wrote:Any coder worth two cents would add an exception routine
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/archive/v1.1.90.zip
do it
musikbear wrote:Patman has an issue, and that mean research and dev time will go into solving this issue...
Relax. I'm pretty sure we can fix this bug... ;)