Software

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Dear Fellow LMMS Users and Producers,

I may be switching to a new software. As silly as this seems, any suggestions? I've been looking into cubase but it's hard to find credible reviews.

(Btw, I apologize if this isn't relevant)
Leche wrote: As silly as this seems
Indeed.
Leche wrote: any suggestions? I've been looking into cubase but it's hard to find credible reviews.
It depends on what you are looking for in a DAW. Price, system requirements, user interface, workflow, online community, etc. Some of these will matter more than others. It's not so much about which DAW is the best for the lowest price. It's more about which DAW works for you, which DAW you want to invest time into, so you will be able to master it to realise your goals.

Again, this is silly.
This is a perfectly fine and legitimate question -- what's so silly about it? o:
Try Tracktion 5, it's free....
I think, CaLRo says its silly because if you ask 10 people, you will get 10 different answers.
grejppi wrote:This is a perfectly fine and legitimate question -- what's so silly about it? o:
Yes, it can be a fine and legitimate question, but the original post somewhat downplayed it. That was silly. Switching DAW is of course serious matter. No need to apologize for being irrelevant. Forum is about LMMS, but we can also talk about other DAWs.

@Leche, why do you want to switch to another DAW? Is it due to a shortcoming of LMMS?
Gps wrote:I think, CaLRo says its silly because if you ask 10 people, you will get 10 different answers.
That also. Reading DAW reviews can be a good starting point, or for orientation. But you have to know (or find out) what suits you best, and not just go with the #1 ranked DAW of the year according to magazine x.

I've been reading too many "What's the best DAW? What's the best plugin?" types of posts on other forums. Those questions are getting rather pointless.
Talk with Umcaruje
He recently went through that 'process' and is a big fan of bitwig
The pricetag is reasonable

It could btw be interesting to learn What is it you feel, you get from new/ different software
The other DAW I use is Reaper. Much better at audio handling and I like the music notation view for MIDI data. It also has a first class community for getting help (at least as good as this forum). The down side is that it takes quite a bit of learning.

Whether it would suit you I have absolutely no idea. No-one can have unless you give some clear idea what you're looking for in another DAW.

Steve
grejppi wrote:This is a perfectly fine and legitimate question -- what's so silly about it? o:
Because, it's not that LMMS related and could be seen as spam.

So what I am looking for, is something with a reasonable price. So... in my broke way of saying things, under $150.
Um, wow. A lot of replies. I've already turned down bitwig as a possibility. Maybe in the future anyway, I also want something not too complicated. Something that won't make me repeat another two years of experience.