Future Project Ideas

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Simple, have an idea for a track you want to make? Certain instruments you want to use, or perhaps a certain style? Post them here!
Brandon Ray wrote:Simple, have an idea for a track you want to make? Certain instruments you want to use, or perhaps a certain style? Post them here!
Neat! Well, currently I'm out of town, so I can't work on it, but I'm currently working on a big room house song, trying to expand my boundaries. I've gotten to the drop.
Brandon Ray wrote:Simple, have an idea for a track you want to make? Certain instruments you want to use, or perhaps a certain style? Post them here!
This could be an interesting topic, but to get a better picture of which direction you want to take this topic, maybe you should go first and share a future project idea with us. :idea:
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:I'm currently working on a big room house song, trying to expand my boundaries.
Can you describe what you mean by boundaries? Do you mean you haven't worked on a big room house song before?
caLRo wrote: This could be an interesting topic, but to get a better picture of which direction you want to take this topic, maybe you should go first and share a future project idea with us. :idea:
Sure! I have this idea for a future song that would use celtic instruments-I am thinking harp, some kind of woodwind, and badhran-but in a jazz/blues style. I am thinking in the key of D or G to give it a traditional Irish feel, but using things like swung eighths, twelve bar blues rhythm, that sort of thing. I think it would be an interesting combination.
caLRo wrote:
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:I'm currently working on a big room house song, trying to expand my boundaries.
Can you describe what you mean by boundaries? Do you mean you haven't worked on a big room house song before?
No, no I haven't, the only thing I've ever really worked on is the Dubstep, Drumstep sorta thing. I'm hoping by working on other genres, I can get better at making music as a whole.

Ive gone with a G# minor, I think it gives the song a feel that fits.

For the drop I managed to synthesize a hollow wood tube sound. So it's kinda centered around that.
Brandon Ray wrote: Sure! I have this idea for a future song that would use celtic instruments-I am thinking harp, some kind of woodwind, and badhran-but in a jazz/blues style. I am thinking in the key of D or G to give it a traditional Irish feel, but using things like swung eighths, twelve bar blues rhythm, that sort of thing. I think it would be an interesting combination.
That sounds interesting, I can't wait to hear it. :D
I have two ideas for a possible future project:

1. An electro house track with fast moving chiptune arpeggios. Square, saw, pulse, etc. Probably in key of A. I might even play with the tempo a bit.

2. Don't know about genre, but I have an idea to slowly fade in a richly layered pad sound and sustain it the whole way through, then slowly fade it out. I would add in loose and playful bits of raw electronic sounds. Rhythm would be almost absent.
caLRo wrote:
2. Don't know about genre, but I have an idea to slowly fade in a richly layered pad sound and sustain it the whole way through, then slowly fade it out. I would add in loose and playful bits of raw electronic sounds. Rhythm would be almost absent.
Just kick, snare, kick, snare, and itll be a hit.