Best of LMMS Vol. 4 - What I Know

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Ok, so people have started messaging the LMMS Artist Hub account for about two weeks asking about The Best of LMMS Vol. 4. While it has yet to be officially announced, I just wanted to point out some details that have been confirmed or that I do know.

Where will it be hosted: after some discussion with umcaraje regarding this, it doesn't look like the competition itself will be hosted on SoundCloud. It looks like for now the plan is to host it on Google docs or something.

When will it be hosted: I don't know that at this point, but I'd assume an announcement will come forward sometime in late November or throughout December.

What are the rules: For now, just refer to the Best of LMMS Vol. 3 competition announcement regarding rules. It will likely be the same format, just with different rules.

What about SoundCloud: I don't have an answer as to the exact reasonings that the admins want to host the competition directly on SoundCloud, but I assure you all any entries messaged to the Artist Hub account will be reposted to the Artist Hub, along with all of this years winner by default.

Now for a bit of a disclaimer.

That's all I know, but don't assume that anything I've said is the final or ultimate word as far as what the plan is for the competition. DO NOT start spamming the admins trying to change their opinion, and don't go trying to do it in the forums. We've seen what has happened to spammed topics regarding things that we should just leave to admins. (i.e. The LMMS Acronym and Name.) It's better to leave some things to the people who are actually contributing toward development of the program and the brand.

If I see that this post becomes a problem, I'll message the admins directly and have them lock it down. I don't want to have another Acronym episode again.
would it be alright to ask why the admins are using google docs?
davisjacobym wrote: When will it be hosted: I don't know that at this point, but I'd assume an announcement will come forward sometime in late November or throughout December.
If the previous two competitions are an indication: around Feb/Mar 2017.
davisjacobym wrote: We've seen what has happened to spammed topics regarding things that we should just leave to admins. (i.e. The LMMS Acronym and Name.) It's better to leave some things to the people who are actually contributing toward development of the program and the brand.

If I see that this post becomes a problem, I'll message the admins directly and have them lock it down. I don't want to have another Acronym episode again.
That discussion was already over when the topic with the list of LMMS interpretations was locked. What remains is my final opinion on the matter. Contrary to what musikbear said, that last topic I started was not meant to restart the discussion.
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:would it be alright to ask why the admins are using google docs?
The general reasoning is that they'd be using that to help integrate their votes and opinions into the decision process for selecting winners. What I'm imaging they have in mind is some sort of spreadsheet that has the submission links, artist names, song names, and judging related columns devoted to instrumentation, professionality, balancing, and/or other factors used to decide on a winner.
davisjacobym wrote:
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:would it be alright to ask why the admins are using google docs?
The general reasoning is that they'd be using that to help integrate their votes and opinions into the decision process for selecting winners. What I'm imaging they have in mind is some sort of spreadsheet that has the submission links, artist names, song names, and judging related columns devoted to instrumentation, professionality, balancing, and/or other factors used to decide on a winner.
oh ok, makes sense.
Don't worry guys. It's 2017 now. :D
The best thing to do, would be to wait for it to be announced, in the News and Announcements section, of the Forum.
Yes BoL v4 is happening. Not yet sure when how or where, but we're getting there. If you wanna chat with us just hop on our Discord: https://discord.gg/5kSc32Z
davisjacobym wrote:
You do realize that this is how all previous Bol judging has been done, right?
Stakeout Punch wrote:
davisjacobym wrote:
You do realize that this is how all previous Bol judging has been done, right?
No, not really. Either way, it's not my concern. I was just sharing what information that I am aware of.