How to change all notes volume in piano roll?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I'd like to set the volume of all notes in a piano roll at once.
I don't want to change the overall instrument volume (which is used also in other rolls) but just a phrase volume.
If I select the needed notes in the piano roll I see the volume bars also becoming blue. But when I hold click one to change it, I just change that one.
Any hint?

TIA.
well there is no field where you can enter a fixed value, but if you mark all notes (ctrl+a) and then hold and drag your mouse 'over' or 'along' the notevalue-bars, they will all respond to the posistion of the mouse during the drag motion. This is great for creating a volume 'wavy' pattern. If it will satisty your need, im not so sure..

BR
Oh, that works fine for "shaping".
What I need to do is to set a precise volume value for a group of notes...
The inability to do so seems like a massive oversight on their part.
Dr. Peter Sidekick wrote:The inability to do so seems like a massive oversight on their part.
l o l Those are plentiful, but with a price of 'free' some 'oversights' may occur. The team is small, and peeps has dayjobs ..
However.. That particular 'oversight' from ..2010 has been fixed.
Marked notes can indeed be uniformly addressed with a specific velocity, and it is even possible to insert a value manually (double-click the velocity-bar

Besides that i can see that you are new in our forum, so-
Hi, Welcome to the forum Dr. Peter Sidekick! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

You are most welcome to suggest new features and point out features ypu fin insufficient, that is how lmms always has evolved
This will be fixed in 1.2. In the current master branch all notes in a selection change volume when you tweak one.
musikbear wrote:
Dr. Peter Sidekick wrote:The inability to do so seems like a massive oversight on their part.
l o l Those are plentiful, but with a price of 'free' some 'oversights' may occur. The team is small, and peeps has dayjobs ..
However.. That particular 'oversight' from ..2010 has been fixed.
Marked notes can indeed be uniformly addressed with a specific velocity, and it is even possible to insert a value manually (double-click the velocity-bar

Besides that i can see that you are new in our forum, so-
Hi, Welcome to the forum Dr. Peter Sidekick! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

You are most welcome to suggest new features and point out features ypu fin insufficient, that is how lmms always has evolved
What an informative and thoughtful response! Thanks for the kind greeting! I discovered LMMS in my search for a free program that would help me score a D&D campaign I'm DMing. So far, the experience has been quite fulfilling. I look forward to discovering more about the software's potential and I'm sure this community is rife with information just waiting to be unearthed!