Running lmms on a tablet?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if lmms could be used on a tablet?
Brokenpoolhall wrote:Hi everyone, I was just wondering if lmms could be used on a tablet?
At the moment, the only tablets I am aware of that work with LMMS are Windows 10 tablets such as my Notebook 7 Spin, but then again, it is a 2-in-1 laptop/tablet.
Brokenpoolhall wrote:Hi everyone
Welcome to the forum Brokenpoolhall! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
, I was just wondering if lmms could be used on a tablet?
Two things is crucial for lmms to work
1) the OS
* Windows from XP to W10
* Linux with wine
works
X10 'works' but with limitations for vst usage

2) RAM
You would have issues < 1 gb

So its really a question of what your tablet can cope with, but an android tablet, will not work.
Hello,

I have been using lmms on computer for a while now, and I want to install it on my W10 tablet, which have all requirements you mention. But my question is : What about the usability on a tablet which has a 8"85 screen ? Would it worth installing lmms or is my screen too small ? Does the software reduce it's GUI size on small screens ?
Cyxo wrote:Hello
Hi, Welcome to the forum Cyxo! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
What about the usability on a tablet which has a 8"85 screen ?
Seriously doubt that
Does the software reduce it's GUI size on small screens ?
No thats just the coalpit, I know that LMMS does not upscale, and im next to sure it does not down-scale, so you would have to move the application around
It would be very awkward
Ok, I tried it. So here is what I think :
• Pros (or at least, not cons) :
- If your screen has a good enough resolution, it's ok with accuracy (as long as you don't have huge fingers)
- Drum editor and song editor are ok. Automation editor is also ok.
- As a long press equals a right click, on virtual piano, you can't keep mouse button down on virtual pianos, and you can't do that on tactile keyboard. So it's a bit tricky, but you have to double click on a note, and then you can swipe your finger on the keyboard to preview the instrument.

• Cons :
- In the piano roll, you can zoom on the notes, but it only make them longer, and I didn't find a way to scale their height (like in fl). Other issue : The little tip to change the duration of notes is too small, but you can get used to it.
- Sliders and wheels are really too sensitive. Move your finger half an inch on the screen and it goes all the way up, so you'd better type in the value
- Tactile keyboard doesn't show up when you click on text zones, as for most desktop softwares.

So LMMS is still pretty usable, but you may found it hard at first try.
Brokenpoolhall wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 am
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if lmms could be used on a tablet?
Hi
Have you found the answer yet?