New release 0.4.15

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
In case you diddent knew, a New rease is available
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lmms/files/
Make sure to chose the right pack for your system, and backup your stuf
GREAT !!!

Thanks a lot !!
YAY!! :D :mrgreen:
Cool. But Edit>Settings is still broken for me as it was in 0.4.14. :(

Maybe it's ok in other builds, but makes the program freeze in Win XP SP3 32-bit. Seems like something was left out or compiled wrong. No problems accessing that menu 0.4.13 or previous versions.

I'll play around a little bit while avoiding that menu, see if there's any other bugs or new features.
I did find some good news playing with this version...

It seems you'd be hard pressed to crash VeSTige now. No worrying about playing with parameters, and adjusting parameters on the fly seems to work beautifully. It means you've got a lot of power now because automations and LFOs appear to work with them. (Have to use the crossed tools icon "control VST Plugin from LMMS Host", and the hard part is figuring out which dial does what compared to the instrument's own UI - particularly if there's a lot of 'em.) Tested with some VST instruments like DSK Overture, DSK AcoustiK Guitarz, or Antopya that seemed to have issues with older versions. Instead of crashing or hanging, it seemed the most I could do was glitch the instrument's native UI while messing with parameters on the fly as something played, but reloading the instrument appears to fix that problem.

So whatever they did to VeSTige... Whoa! :shock: (In a good way.)

But don't just take my word for it. Go and test it out, and see what works compared to what used to crash.

I guess that's good news for some power-users interested in having greater control of instruments. (Or if you're more like me and have fun experimenting to see what kind of weird and cool noises you can get out of your computer.)
Wooah! So they're working better in Lmms 0.4.15, and not freezing or crashing? Wooah! :shock:
And DSK Overture is working well in 0.4.15?
Wooah! That's good news! :D
Because DSK Overture never really worked too well in Lmms 0.4.13 though.

I even wrote about it in the "DSK VSTs That work in Lmms 0.4.13 Enjoy! By Brandy Starbrite," in this same Generals section.

It seems the Lmms developers, really did a Super Duper job with this latest Lmms.
Now all they have to do is fix that "strange freezing problem," in the Lmms settings options, that some Lmms users are experiencing, in Win XP 32 bit SP3. https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... 3525#p3525

It seems I'll have to do a new "list of DSK VST's that work in the new Lmms 0.4.15." :mrgreen:
Thanks for the info pauljs75. :mrgreen:
I'm having problems with the new version.

With VSTge: NubiLE no longer will load PRESETS. LMMS freezes up if I try to load any other than the onboard presets

With Piano Roll in general: Cannot record from MIDI into Piano roll. Onboard instruments or Downloaded VST's

SF2 Player: Non-responsive to Midi input. Though when you select the screwdriver and wrench, it still indicates that is has detected the Midi Keyboard by listing it as an option.

All Tracks: Cannot connect LowPass filter to MOD WHEEL. Freezes LMMS when I connect. It auto detects the wheel controller but when I press enter LMMS stops working.

Not happy with the upgrade.

Thought we were gonna get .wav to .midi? And I thought we would be able to save our piano rolls as .midi as well so we could export our work to other DAWs? I don't see the improvement with VSTge. And I thought we were going to a Kmin and a KMAX assignable to any track that had MIDI connectivity. And still no analog record feature? I still can't process a live "line in"? So what really were the improvements in this latest version. Because it wasn't anything I've seen come up in these forums. Was it just the new icons for the chord and scale dropdown boxes?
If I save over the old version will my plugins stay intact or do I have to move them and reinstall them after I update?
russ1981 wrote:If I save over the old version will my plugins stay intact or do I have to move them and reinstall them after I update?
in all updates i have made, nothing has been destroyed. i however always recommend to make a copy of your own stuff, and then do a 'save over'. then you have no grief if something goes wrong.
b.r.