Topic deleted

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Deleted topic.
Pretty good remake. :)
Wow! I read your process of making this track.
That's quite an interesting way, to find out what notes were used, in the original version. :o
I could imagine the possibilities. :D
Thanks!
LMMSNewcomer wrote:The only way I was able to do this is I used a program called Hit'n'Mix, which basically deconstructs chords and lets you listen to the individual notes.
Eeeeep.. 8O
That ..cant be :?
for ..real...
I believe it was last year that both diiz and my self made 'clever' statements about the possibility of deconstructing mp3's to midi-notes.. afair Slipstick participated too..
In unity we said 'never'
and backed that up with butload of 'clever' computing facts
..And -now- .. 8|

Well heres what it says on the hp:
Hit'n'Mix 2 rips open MP3s unlocking the vocals, melodies, chords & percussion.
Simply drag notes to change pitch & speed. Remove them, add effects, build loops & more!
The free download plays back full Rips and creates and edits Rips up to 45 seconds long. An activation code can be bought to enable creation and editing of Rips up to 10 minutes (64-bit OS) or 6 minutes (32-bit OS) long.
Can you tell us a bit more about the process? How did the orr. mp3 sound and what was the output of the program?
I am flabbergasted if this mp3-2-MIDI has been achieved
I honestly thought that it would need a coder named Harry Potter..
Oh, well I should've been more clear in what it does. It does a combination of both pitch detection and audio source separation to separate the notes in a mixed recording, and you can click whichever notes you want and it plays that isolated note back so you can hear the pitch. As for the original song and how it sounded: The original MP3 was sent to me by the person who had uploaded the video with the song back in 2010 since the YouTube copy was heavily compressed and unusable for anything. I had used an old, tried and true trick to remove the center of the recording (this particular song has the raw vocal track in the very center, but the drums and bass are, too, and the left side has the accordion / backing voice 1 and the right side has the piano and backing voice 2, so when I removed the center with Audacity I was left with a near-pristine instrumental track with no vocals (or bass and drums since those were also panned in the center) and then I processed this newly created track with the program (I bought a license key so I can process more than 45 seconds) and it spat out the results. Now, this program doesn't exactly preserve the quality of the recordings all that well, but it sounds good enough to do this task. Here's a picture of some of the intro piano, and you'll see from top to bottom that it gave me the notes. I then simply recreated the notes in the piano roll. My remake doesn't line up with the original since I couldn't get the original tempo (I'm assuming it's in the 100-115 range).

LMMSNewcomer wrote:Oh, well I should've been more clear in what it does.
I almost feel like saying 'phfeeeew' as a sigh of relief
It does not MIDI'yse mp3-
Ok, but it does explode chords.. but only is the are playing solo, right
Audio to MIDI technology definitely exists, although it's pretty limited of course. This article does a good job of explaining it and its limitations: https://ask.audio/articles/understandin ... ogic-pro-x

Re:

A
LMMSNewcomer wrote: I'll attach 2 audio clips: One with a lead singer and a few backing voices, and the other one, with just the backing voices.
That is rather impressive separation. Interesting! Thanks :)