2nd project - Sailors-moon- feedback please!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey all,

This is my 2nd completed project. I tried to go for a darker sound, I'm really into dark electronic music so yeah. So far been at this for 3 months.

https://soundcloud.com/hecomesnexx/sail ... n-08-23-13

Tell me how I'm doing.

What should I change? How can I improve my production? What more/different would you liked to hear?

Thanks for listening!
Wooah!! THIS SONG IS DARK! :shock:
I really wasn't expecting a song like this on Lmms. But Wooah! :shock:
It's Eeriely scary yet enjoyable.
And strangely when I listened to it, I see a fantasy world with a boat sailing across the sea. And a Giant Full moon is in the back ground, with lots of luminescent clouds slowly passing bye.

That's some serious composing you got there fapper dude.
But this song is Dark. Really Dark! Lol!
I don't really like dark sounding electronic music, but this is really good. :D
I tried to go for a darker sound, I'm really into dark electronic music so yeah.
You were going to go Darker than this? Wooah!! :shock:
Dude. Believe me when I say........................"this is Dark enough." :shock: Lol!
If you go any Darker than that dude..............you'll scare all of the listeners. Including me. Lol! :lol:

But I will admit,....................strangely............I enjoyed listening to it. Nice job well done fapper.

Tell me how I'm doing.

What should I change? How can I improve my production? What more/different would you liked to hear?
In my opinion, it's too Dark. But the dark ambient melody suits this track perfectly.

Okay, now for the critiques and advice.

1) From 49 secs - 1:02 secs, the drums seem to be played, out of tune or out of sync with the main music.
It even sounds like if the drum notes are not going in time and rythmn, with the rest of the music.

2) From 2:22 - 2:24, the song from 2:22, should have slided easily into 2:24. The change sounded too abrupt.
It sounded like if you cut off one song and gone into another different music track.

3) From 4:16 to 4:17, that was a nice ease of transition. Very well good job there fapper dude.
That ease of transition was near excellent. It is what you should do, for 1 up above. ;)

4) Hmmm.............from what I've noticed throughout the song, the bass drum playing in the background has too much noise artifacts and clipping in it. Causing a clashing trushing staticy sound, which competes with the entire melody of the track.

ADVICE: To get rid of that clipping noise, add a limiter to it and turn the dial to adjust, and remove "most," of the clipping noise artifacts and unwanted vibrations.
You don't have to "limit," it by much though.
Just enough to keep the bass drum sounding loud and booming, and sounding Crystal cleary. With out the annoying clipping staticy sound that competes with the rest of the music.

I must admit. "That Drum you used in this music track, is Loud and Awesome!" :D
I like it.

All in all. Very interesting song you've got there dude. Very dark, but yet Amazing.

I hoped that helped,.....................Bye.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

Also thanks for the encouragement haha.

I was hoping you could elaborate on a few of the suggestions.

You said that 2:22 doesn't slide easily into 2:24 and I think you are completely right. I could do the transition I did at the end but do you have any suggestions on how else I can make that transition smoother?

You also mentioned using a limiter for the bass drum. How can I add a limiter on lmms and how do I use it?