pop corn troubles

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I am using 1.02

Great improvement on the automation editor.
I really missed the line option
(A simple line could be drawn in LMMS 0.4.X by holding shift and then setting the second point) ANYWAY!

You were making the pop corn song by listening to it, right? Or completely by your own head? It is easier to listen, and the place the tones IMO. I think you could make some other songs, and then if you really want make popcorn anew.
I converted the mp3, so I could import it into lmms.

The problem I still have, it sounds bad. And I am lost on why.

Maybe I have to study the midi file I found more, at the moment though I am fed up with popcorn.
Totally frustrated :(

I have started another cover :mrgreen:
I will prob not give up yet, but for the moment no popcorn.
Maybe dance music suits me better:

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/bl ... n-progress
gps2013 wrote:I converted the mp3, so I could import it into lmms.

The problem I still have, it sounds bad. And I am lost on why.

Maybe I have to study the midi file I found more, at the moment though I am fed up with popcorn.
Totally frustrated :(

I have started another cover :mrgreen:
I will prob not give up yet, but for the moment no popcorn.
Maybe dance music suits me better:

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/bl ... n-progress
I like this, music reminds me of those drunk nights in Northern England on the beers all night :lol:
I am currently looking at vids and webpages, about composing music. Also again vids on scales and chords.
Also one from a forum member. I had seen that many times already, but I might start to understand it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhkwmABRtp4

And maybe even more important, I remember watching the vid the first few times, and being confused on why he said no so many times.
I dear not hear it, but I am starting to hear why. Is my musical hearing improving ?

Specially the info about composing music, is helping.
I am finally starting to see how I mess up in my popcorn. ( the biggest problem )

Every part is prob in a different key,

If you like me have no experience with creating and playing music, finding what you are doing wrong is hard.

I am also downloading other peoples LMMS files and midi files.
One midi file pointed me in the right direction,

Every peace of music, all notes started at the same key on the keyboard.
I randomly dropped in LMMS instruments, and this popcorn song midi file, sounded better then mine version.....

Could it be , the midi file is in key ;)

I do not fully get yet,on how to fix my popcorn version yet, but I do get the feeling I am getting close.
Keep on going :) I don't know if I have said it before, but a useful function LMMS have is that you can right click on a key in the piano to the left in the Piano Roll, and choose mark scale. First you must choose a scale in the dropwdown menu in the Piano Roll, of course. If you only place notes within this scale, it will in most cases sound alright, but remember that songs shift between scales all the time, so after one bar you should probably mark a new scale.
Thank you I will.
One of the things I messed up, mark scale at the wrong key.

Then when my song did not sound right, I thought I just had to tune the synths, but the problem was my song (notes) were out of key
Then I used different pieces from different popcorn versions, which aren't in the same key.
And with my understanding of scales, that's asking for problems.

Ty god I am pretty stubborn,and don't give up easy.

And after this popcorn nightmare, and what I am learning from it, I should be fine with the next cover or song.

Maybe john barry persuaders theme is next, but first I will get this popcorn cover in tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykLCAfVa410

The one thing that keeps me going, its already starting to sound less bad.
Wow!
You really are trying your best! :D
I'm still following your progress everytime you post. :mrgreen:
Keep it up!
I just tested myself.

I can of course think and say my musical hearing has improved, but how to know for sure ?
So I opened up my popcorn cover. The one I was asking about, in this topic, if it was in tune, and omg they all sound very bad.

So the good news is about my hearing, but what the hell was I doing in those covers ?
I just did a quick look around.
Not one track started at the same key as other tracks, not one.

I also wonder what scale I tried to use, I found a quite a few of notes out of scale.

And I have not even looked at the relative pitch. I wonder when I will try again, but also if I will start all over or try to fix the ones I have.