Uplifting Trance Track "The River"

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
It's been a while but finally got around to producing a new track. I hope you guys like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NlVmInOHMw
I like it a lot. You did a great job of mixing! :)
ultimaaudio wrote:I like it a lot. You did a great job of mixing! :)
Thanks!

I'll have to admit, though, I screwed up in some places with this track. I was a little impatient with releasing this one. After all, the time difference between this release and the one before it was several months ago!

The most glaring flaw in this track was that the main lead felt a bit repetitive. I could have varied it. Even though I had the lead synth's cutoff change at parts of the track, but it still was in a predictable manner. The lead cut off frequency started from low to high over a nine bar interval, and went back to the original base cutoff on the ninth bar. In fact, that cutoff routine was actually a copy and paste from other parts of the track!

The other issue was the piano's melody didn't have quite the epic-ness as perhaps what deadmau5 or Armin Van Buuren would release. I could have spent that extra time perfecting the melody.

Another--yet perhaps subtle--flaw was that the limiter being over used. The whoosh in the track caused the loudness to decrease--to what I believe--at a noticeable level.

Ah well, it's just my observation.

Either ways, thanks a lot of giving the track an extra set of ears. I really appreciate it!
WOOAH!! COOL SONG Coffebean! :mrgreen:

1:00 secs to 1:12 secs, what happened there? It's like a decrease in volume?

Yeah the main melody does gets repetitive after a while. But at least it still sounds cool! :D

Hint: go up the scale, notes or ladder a bit to vary it, and play around with the notes.
Then you could go back to main melody beat afterwards.
Change it up a bit then go back to the original melody.

Wooah! Nice Piano!
The piano sounds a bit soft, but the melody you made with it, is quite nice.
Hint: try layering two piano sounds at the same time.
Put one with high volume and the other with a lower volume.
And it may sound kinda loud.
The other issue was the piano's melody didn't have quite the epic-ness as perhaps what deadmau5 or Armin Van Buuren would release. I could have spent that extra time perfecting the melody.
Don't worry about that coffebean. It sounds really nice and it suits the song track. That's all that matters.
It's Epic enough! :D

Another--yet perhaps subtle--flaw was that the limiter being over used. The whoosh in the track caused the loudness to decrease--to what I believe--at a noticeable level.
Yeah. It was quite noticeable, when I listened to it for the first time.
1:00 secs to 1:10 secs is a good example of volume decreasing.
You could always fix it over if you want to.

All in all, this song is really good!
I Enjoyed listening to it. :D
The music and pic go hand in hand.
Nice artwork too.
Luv the Greenish Waterfall pic! Cool! 8-)
Nice GIMPING!! :lol:

Did you do the lightsaber magic glow thingy on the Waterfall in the background?
If so.....Cool!!

I already listened to your music track twice.

Always nice to see you back on the LMMS forum after such a long time coffebean
Glad to hear a new music track from you again.
You should visit us more often. ;)
Please post more music tracks for us to listen to.
We will be happy to hear more. :mrgreen:
Bye.
brandystarbrite wrote: Hint: go up the scale, notes or ladder a bit to vary it, and play around with the notes.
Then you could go back to main melody beat afterwards.
Change it up a bit then go back to the original melody.e other with a lower volume.
And it may sound kinda loud.
Hey brandystarbrite, thanks a lot for the tip! Will keep it in mind.
I agree with brandy on the repetitive part, but you are you Shovon Rahman, you do repetitive music :) It's your style.

And if you want to break out of that style, I'll let you. Point is: the song you got now is NOT too repetitive, it is just too little happening. Artists must keep the interest of the listener. You could easily add a lead melody (solo-ish) on top of the song you got now :?: It wouldn't need to be there always, it could come and go, it could be random notes fitting with the chord scheme, it could be anything aka it could be something else than instruments.