Eye of Algol -- ambient

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Here is my second track in LMMS. Really having fun with this -- even tho I've gone and downloaded FAR too many VSTs at once .. overwhelmed by all my choices LOL :lol:
REALLY looking forward to the new builds with automation recording!!
Anyhow, here's my new track: Eye of Algol
https://soundcloud.com/user7459728/eye-of-algol
Wow! Interesting music track.
Very nice and ambient indeed.
It definitely has an 80's ish ambient sound and feel to it too. 8-)
Nice Spaceyish sound effects in the background.
Nice.
Keep it up. :mrgreen:

even tho I've gone and downloaded FAR too many VSTs at once .. overwhelmed by all my choices LOL :lol:
Lol indeed!
Well if you like the overwhelming choices of VST's, then downloading all of the ones on DSK Music will be overkill!! :lol:
brandystarbrite wrote:Wow! Interesting music track.
Very nice and ambient indeed.
It definitely has an 80's ish ambient sound and feel to it too. 8-)
Nice Spaceyish sound effects in the background.
Nice.
Keep it up. :mrgreen:

even tho I've gone and downloaded FAR too many VSTs at once .. overwhelmed by all my choices LOL :lol:
Lol indeed!
Well if you like the overwhelming choices of VST's, then downloading all of the ones on DSK Music will be overkill!! :lol:
Thank you very much! :D Glad you like it. It was certainly inspired by 70s/80s synth/ambient music.

RE: DKS VSTs .. yeah ... I didn't download ALL of them, but a sizeable portion of them LOL
Overall I've got prolly over 120 VST instruments now .. and prolly a bit more VST effects.
Impressive arpeggio in the beginning :D
Interesting sounds + good composition = Really good song. I hear automations going on, and you obviously know some note theory, cause I heard no notes out of tune. :o

Some constructive criticism: Did you try to master with compressors? The sound were choppy some times, either because of clipping or because of too much compression. So mastering and mixing is the things I think you can get better on. That's all. If you keep making so cool tunes, just imagine what you can make in some months.
sti2nd wrote:Impressive arpeggio in the beginning :D
Interesting sounds + good composition = Really good song. I hear automations going on, and you obviously know some note theory, cause I heard no notes out of tune. :o

Some constructive criticism: Did you try to master with compressors? The sound were choppy some times, either because of clipping or because of too much compression. So mastering and mixing is the things I think you can get better on. That's all. If you keep making so cool tunes, just imagine what you can make in some months.
Hey thanks! I appreciate it. 8-)

Yeah ... compressor and mastering .. I really don't understand that part very well. Particularly the use of the compressor, limiter .. other stuff ... I do notice how it unifies and fattens the sound, but don't really understand the why. I just mess with knobs until I think it sounds okay. I've watched a few tutorials, but not much help really. .. I guess I'll "learn by doing" .. and reading manuals. .. I used the free VST compressor Molot for this track. I haven't opened the manual for it yet, but it has one. That'd prolly help LOL :lol:

and yeah .. i've studied music (to an extent) for about 30 years now (on and off, as a hobby) altho music theory only for about 15 years (and mostly blues-based at that). I play numerous physical instruments, but have always really enjoyed making electronic music; in no small part because of the sounds that can be achieved. So cool and fun.