Not quite the mainstream here...

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Here's a little something I "produced" some time ago.
(if that link doesn't give you a page with a "play" button on it, try downloading the mp3)

It's in Finnish, it tells a ghost story and doesn't have much of a thumping beat and huge number of tracks, like most of the stuff here. But I can tell you it was pretty painful to piece together with LMMS only playing sample tracks from the beginning. And of course the voice+guitar track I started from was recorded without any click, so the tempo took some trial and error to get in the ballpark... interesting experiment in coping with frustration :roll:

For synths I used almost entirely ZynAddSubFX, post processing was most likely in Audacity and monitored mostly with cheap headphones.
This is a very nice song.
It sounds like one of those ancient nordic, real white people Viking type folksongs.

Nice guitar playing too.
Many props to the singer. :mrgreen:
She did an excellent job. :mrgreen:

I Enjoyed listening to it raekman.

PS: Is this an original song? Or is it a resinging of an old song?
But I can tell you it was pretty painful to piece together with LMMS only playing sample tracks from the beginning. And of course the voice+guitar track I started from was recorded without any click, so the tempo took some trial and error to get in the ballpark... interesting experiment in coping with frustration :roll:

For synths I used almost entirely ZynAddSubFX, post processing was most likely in Audacity and monitored mostly with cheap headphones.
Wow! For real?
Lol!
At least you were able to pull it off nicely.
And you now have added experience, on how to deal with the frustrations, of music producing as well.
So the next time, it'll be easier for you. :mrgreen:

Bye.
Is there an english version available for listening?

congrats btw )
New forum, new nick, but I'm the OP of this thread. First of all, thanks for listening and commenting, it's nice to get feedback :)

And then some answers:
brandystarbrite wrote: PS: Is this an original song? Or is it a resinging of an old song?
Helena, the singer and guitar player, wrote it. She put a simple demo up on a site I hang out on, I downloaded it and thought it needed some synths for atmosphere. Luckily, she agreed.
brandystarbrite wrote:Wow! For real?
Yes. For real. I chopped the vocal track in quite a few pieces to have at least some sanity left after working on this. Sample tracks will improve in LMMS 2, I hear.
DeGrincH wrote:Is there an english version available for listening?
No.