Are Friends Electric ?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/tubewayarmybegin

I would like some feedback, I am at 94 BPM.

But I am struggling with the beat and baseline editor, so I wonder does 94 bpm sound right to you guys ?
It seems my baseline is either too fast or too slow.

LMMS and a vst, the minimogue.
(triple ossicilater with the fat preset sounds very much a like though, I am not sure which one I will use.
The triple oscillator has some advantages over most vst. )

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=405

and the original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu6MDdxBork ( notice the famous synth :P )

The part that start at 1.20 is giving me a headache. :P
Headache is gone.
I think the mistake I made is too funny, to not share it with you.

From the net I got the notes. GDFD 2x DECE 2x FCEC 2x

Now how can that go wrong?
Well from G to D has two options, up and down...
That was were I went wrong.
Currently still struggling with the 4th part CGCD , but I will get there.

There is one or two more parts I need to make, then I have all the parts.
( and in between still working on popcorn, currently matching my tracks with the notes from the popcorn keydemo, its again sounding better, but I am not 100% happy yet)

There is more to learn from that keydemo for me. Its about why my cover sounds poor, and the one made by music bear sounds much nicer.
I do know why though.
you have a good start! Its not 'exiteting' to listen to, but that is not that important - all the way up to 1:22, i dont think you have any clashing notes at all -Good!
But then... -Those bee-boo -are they in scale?
(are they suposed to :p -believe the orr. also have some strange oddities, so you may be dead correct)
Thank you, will check the bee-boo. If you ask about them, its prob not right. :D

What is helping, the vid of the life performance. The camera is a lot of the time, pointed at the guy on the mogue.
You can clearly see him use black keys.( because he moves his left hand forward and back.
Too bad you cant see what the other guy on the keyboard is doing.
I am pretty sure he plays kinda along with the mogue parts, creating that wall of sound.

I am also experimenting, with two synths playing that mogue part in lmms.
One is the mogue vst, and the other one the triple oscillator ( fat pre set).
Creates a thicker sound.

And about it not sounding exiting, that's something I need to learn. Until now all my creations have that problem.
The popcorn key demo you made , has one track that is very interesting to me.
Its that track that makes the song sound nice, gives it some swing. ( instead of a perfect beep beep from a computer. )
I do not yet though, fully grasp it. But I did notice some notes being a tiny bit longer and shorter.
( could be because it played on a keyboard and then recorded into lmms )
And that reminds me of a cubase demo. They guy made it sound better, by making the track less perfect (timing wise)
The sound went from clearly coming from a computer, to the sound of a life drummer.
So to make it sound nice( not mechanical ) we need some little happy mistakes.