Newer version of Vangelis ? like track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
So I uploaded a newer version. I would like you guys to tell me, if it has improved.
I have been putting in quite a few plugins.
To me the newer version, sounds less, like it made with a computer, but do you guys agree on this?
I does have a few more tracks too, and I tried to make the break more different.

I will prob for now call it finished. (I first need to learn more stuff, before I can prob further improve on it)
https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/vangelis-jarre

Older version, which is not that much different, but I did spend many extra hours on the newer version.
https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/vangelis

Please be critical, I myself am already quite happy, but I don't learn anything from being happy.
I do like how it builds up to a wall of sound, but I still have to learn a lot, I still don't think I am using the full potential of LMMS.

Specific hints on how to improve further are of course welcome.
But for now I am gonna finish other stuff.
Wuut? When did you get soo good :) The new version was really cool! Love the arpeggios that appeard after a little over one minute. And I can hear that you have learned to stay within tune. I think you can be very satisfied with this tune, sounds good.
Thank you.

Its funny though how different people react. I myself love that arpeggio too, but I had one person calling it 8 bit computer like.
I always think about negative feedback, but in this case, regardless of, if he is right or not, I love that arpeggio, and I don't want to change it.
You did well with this. You have nice transistions, and the sound of the arpeggio is good, and in key! If i should point to one thing, it should be the length -Something i struggle with too :p
+9 mins is long.
Yeah you really get into a piece, and then find out its 12 minutes. This version is even already shortened a bit.
I was also shocked by the size of the wave file.120MB LOL.

But all tracks I know of , made by Vangelis or Jarre are shorter. ( at least concerning a part that repeats, like in mine )

I often find those tracks not long enough for my likings, but maybe that's the trick, why I keep playing them over and over.
It makes you want more.
Gps wrote:if he is right or not
Of course his right, we are all right. Do you think there is a correct answer in music?
Hey I like it!
If you want some criticism and suggestion (take it or leave it): I don't mind the length, but if I were doing it I'd probably try to build a little more tension leading up to the transitions (like ~ 4:00/minutes?), perhaps by using automation to increase the dissonance of the bass, or distortion, or slowly fading-in a dissonant ambient eerie sound... But obviously that would take the track in darker direction.
Keep it up!
Sti-Jay wrote:
Gps wrote:if he is right or not
Of course his right, we are all right. Do you think there is a correct answer in music?
LOl good point.
farawayinspace wrote:Hey I like it!
If you want some criticism and suggestion (take it or leave it): I don't mind the length, but if I were doing it I'd probably try to build a little more tension leading up to the transitions (like ~ 4:00/minutes?), perhaps by using automation to increase the dissonance of the bass, or distortion, or slowly fading-in a dissonant ambient eerie sound... But obviously that would take the track in darker direction.
Keep it up!
Thank you, and I always like criticism / suggestions.
I usual learn from it. And if I don't agree, I can always ignore it.

Transitions is as I see it, still one of my weaker points.
Most of my music jumps too much from one part to another, instead of having some kind of transition.